Yesterday I told you about the car incident. While Rich was cutting steal and welding brackets and installing clamps to hold my exhuast system in place, he decided to change the oil and fix a slow leak in my front tire. While taking off the tire he noticed that I need new brake pads.....What did I tell ya about him paying attention to detail?
This car has served me well, so I am not complaining. I bought it....a 2002 Cavalier....knowing I wanted a new Harley. I figured if I chose a less expensive car, I would be able to afford a new Harley in 03. Due to my unemployment....I will be running the tires off this car. It is eight years old and is just shy of 145,000 miles on it. All it has ever needed was maintenance and normal wear repairs. Knock on wood....Where is Rich's head when I need it?....just kidding....When I say knock on wood he leans over for me to knock, while imitating Goofy and saying, "Here ya go." He actually has quit a bit between his ears.
He manages to find time to do repairs for the city, he donated his time and got a public at'a boy for that. Changed a trans for the Mayor, fixed equipment for two of the local farmers, and fixed equipment at a business of a friend, and rebuilt a trans for his son. I don't think there is anything mechanical, electrical or household that he can't fix.
One of his friends has a four unit building and he is always doing some kind of plumbing or repair for him. I feel bad for him because it seems, he is always working so hard and doing something for someone. Since the last storm, we have a couple shingles on the roof flapping in the wind and we are due for a real bad storm tonight. He has a friend who does roofing and Rich has done plenty favors for him, but he won't ask him for help. His friend is used to being on ladders and is 10 years younger. I'm sure he would be up there with him if he knew. Hell, I would even make him and his wife a nice dinner, which for the most part is more than Rich gets when he helps people. Usually it's....hey, I owe ya one. We did get dinner from a friend once when he repaired thier dishwasher and ran new pipes into thier kitchen. At least someone appreciated it.
It will be nice when I am able to go back to work. I will do something nice for him for all the nice things he does for me. After all, isn't that what it's all about?
OK, I've counted my blessings and ranted for today, I should get back to work on my studies and do something constructive.
No comments:
Post a Comment