Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our weekend

So far we have had a full weekend. Rich is out testing his motor after tweaking the lifters and boosting up the oil pressure a little.....if all is well we will be going for a ride today.

Friday we had dinner with friends and made it an early night. Last night we had dinner with another couple and then went to see a blues band. While we were waiting for the band to set up, we were talking about past times together and planned for more in the summer.
This is the couple who rode with us to Rich's family reunion and from there we rode up to New Hampshire for Laconia Bike Week. While we were in the area we decided to head up to Maine, we found a nice place on Peaks Island to have steamed fresh lobster. A whole lobster dinner only $20.00. This is the view of Portland, ME in the far distance from the deck of the restaurant. The land mass on the left is another Island.
This is the same couple who called one day and asked if we wanted to go see BB King. When she told me he was in Dallas, TX, I told her it's not likely but I'll ask Rich. I figured there was no way he was going to just hop on a plane and head to TX for a weekend to see a show. I started by telling him that she called and asked if we wanted to see BB King. He said sure, why not. Then I told him where. I told him we would be leaving on Saturday morning for the show on Saturday night and flying home on Sunday. I couldn't believe it when he said, sure, why not, again. We spent the night at their house on Friday and the limo picked us up at 5 am. When we got into town we dropped or luggage at the hotel, went to a rodeo then had a steak dinner and headed to the show. The next morning we walked around town, did some shopping and headed back to the airport to come home. Of course times where better then. I was employed and Rich had plenty of work. Hopefully the job market will come back soon.
I hear a Harley....hopefully we are riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List