Sunday, April 11, 2010

We got our ride

Since we had to go easy on the new motor work, we headed west on an old country road, hoping to be out of traffic. When a car got behind us, we just moved over and flagged them on around us. This car starts to pass and when it gets beside me, she starts waving and yelling and acting a fool.....it happens to be the exact person I was just thinking about. How strange is that? I was just thinking about our two Daytona trips and our Sturgis trip together. We haven't seen them in a long while.

History...There used to be six of us together all the time. These would be the people in the Chicago, Joey's Pizza pix in my 1st century part 3 blog. The third couple in our group split up because he cheated on his other half. I decided I was not going to loose a friend because this guy couldn't keep it in his pants. We had to choose, we chose her. I was real happy Rich was with me on this one. We spent many nights talking her through it. He saw what it put her through. She was so head over heels and totally devastated when it happened. He blamed her by saying she knew he had addictions and that she should have put her foot down more when he was going out with out her. He said she was an enabler.....she trusted him, she didn't line em up for him. Come to find out, there were at least five other women that we found out about from people saying, they saw him with this one or that one. The other two guys had been friends since they were in grade school and to tell you the truth, the girl we ran into today was the other woman in his first marriage....which was hard for me since I knew his ex. We wasn't that close, but it was still hard knowing the circumstances and I was never able to get close to her. Any way.....the couple we saw today stood by him and the group split up. They were giving each other alibi's. After it all came out, I wondered if Rich knew what was going on. They would ask him if he wanted to go out with them for "guys night out" and he would just laugh and say, "hang out with a bunch of guys, or take a chance on getting lucky, I'll take my chances at home." If he knew, he never let on.

Any way, she jumped out of the car at the next stop sign and she talked us into stopping by their house to say hi.....it was a little awkward to say the least. They asked if we ever see the jilted one, I told them, yes, she told me that she misses her allot and they asked how she was doing. I believe they miss her, but they picked their side and it is what it is. The two guys had been too close for too long and they always justified what happened by saying, it wasn't their fault.....they couldn't help it......they were drunk....it just happened.....I have an addictive personality.....He got that one from a counselor they went to when she found out about the first one (or what she thought was the first one) a couple years before the one that finally split them up.

It's not easy, when you've been Friends for so long. I couldn't bring myself to be friends with the new woman. I cared too much for the old friend and that in my eyes would be betrayal to her. It's sad how one persons actions can effect so many people. It was good to see them, but we won't be going out of our way to be around them. Both of the jilted women have moved on and we have gotten closer to both of them. We both feel it is better to be around people in positive relationships....you are a product of your surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List