This morning on my way to school, I decided to stop for a red light. Seemed like the thing to do at the time. Especially since there was a cop at the light to the right of me. The person behind me was on the cell phone and hit me hard enough to send me into the intersection. Not much damage. Her bumper went under mine....looks like mine just needs a bumper skin. Point is, I left home early to have time to review for an exam and ended up late and only got a B on my exam....since I had to rush to finish it by the end of class. I was a little preoccupied by the accident and didn't have the time to check over my notes one last time. I was soooo wanting that A. I was holding onto an A in the class....accounting....by the skin of my teeth (90.5) and I'm pretty sure this will drop my over all grade to a B. I still have one more quiz, one more homework assignment, and the final exam, but it leaves no room for error.
I thought about riding today since the weather was suppose to be nice. Good thing I didn't. The weather turned out to be really crappy and windy. Not to mention, the only thing that stopped her was my car. Would not have been pretty on the bike. It's a 55 speed limit. I'm guessing she hit me at about 40-50 mph. That could have hurt.
When Rich got home from work, he looked under the car for damages and found that the clamp that holds my muffler up is rusted so bad, it was about to drop at any minute, so he is out there doing his magic. It is so nice to have some one around that is so handy. Pork chops tonight....his favorite!!!!
I am pleased you are ok – it sounds like you were lucky to get out of that one without injury. Over here in the UK, using a cell phone when driving has been banned for a few years now and this is a good thing. People are so easily distracted when talking on the phone, dialling, sending texts etc. The simplest and safest way is to turn it off - the call will nearly always wait.
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by. It is illegal to use a cell phone in allot of places here in the states. Unfortunately too many people don't take it seriously till they hurt someone....so watch your back while on your tour here. I'm off to get a repair estimate for my car.
ReplyDelete