Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sunday ride

We finally had nice enough weather to ride Sunday. Cloudy, but upper 60's.

The guy that taught Rich to ride, many, many years ago, came over to pick up his bike....Rich had just changed the tires on it Saturday. This friend has a new girlfriend who he neglected to inform that we were riding. She was wearing mules, crop pants and tank top. I asked her if she was going to be OK dressed like that. She said, "sure, I'll be fine".....I didn't realize she has never had any riding experience before and didn't know what she was in for. Hell...she didn't even know we were riding.

Upper 60's with clouds is definitely jacket weather and she had nothing with her. When we made our first stop, I offered her my vest. She eagerly excepted. I gotta give her credit, she's a trooper. We were out for about 6 hours and she never complained.

So guys....when you're dating a new girl who has no riding experience, at least warn her about the difference in the temperature of riding compared to standing in the sun. Make sure she understands the importance of proper clothing and about muffler burn. He didn't even warn her about that so I took the liberty. Not everyone is cycle savvy.

I told her she should keep a jacket, sweat shirt, jeans and a pair of sturdy shoes in her trunk just in case. We are planning a three day ride sometime this summer with all of our riding friends, I think I will talk to her before the trip so that she'll know what to expect and be prepared.

3 comments:

  1. Wow..she must really like the guy!
    Passing on words of wisdom to her is great of you to do. She has no idea what shes gettin into!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not very considerate of the guy... Good for her that you were around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mtajudy and SonjaM;

    Thanks for stopping by. I think you're right about her really liking him. I've known him for almost 20 years and he has never dated any one girl for more than a few months. Probably because of things like this.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List