I have a low A in accounting and teetering on a B. If I don't get an A on the final exam, my final grade will be a B...breaking my straight A record. I guess I'm a little anal about getting A's. I am so determined to do well. It's harder at my age, and each semester the work seems to get tougher. I only have 5 classes to go to graduate. I can only take 2 classes during the summer because they don't offer many classes in the summer semester. Then I will have 3 for the fall semester. I should be able to handle it with a full time job...if there is a full time job to be found. I am hoping the grades will give me a little bit of an edge with a job and show that I'm worth taking a chance on. There are so many people looking for work who have degrees and experience. I know it won't be easy.
I am so tired of being broke. As you can see from past blogs, I was used to going places all the time. I know I won't make the money I used to make starting all over in a new field. The truth is, after 33 years in printing, I have to learn something else. The printing industry is all but gone. I can't count on it.
I applied for a job at a printing co in town here. I told him I was willing to work anyplace in the building...I can be put anywhere in the company since I started in production at my old company and worked my way up to supervisor, then on to an office position. I told him I was willing to work full-time, part-time or just on call when someone called in. I don't have to be trained and I'm hungry for work. I told him I don't expect full-time wages for part-time work...he said he would be in touch but never called. It reminds me of the games people play while dating. If you’re interested just say so...if not, don't say you'll call.
Back to the books. Wish me luck with my exam on Tuesday.
Good Luck with your exam!
ReplyDeleteFood for Thought:
Good things come to those who wait... or in your case.. work for it!
Hang it there... something tells me there will be a day when we are reading the posts of all your new travels!
Thanks for the encouragement. I have been laid off for a year and a half now and I'm starting to wonder how much longer it will be till I can find something. My resume shows 33 yrs at one company and I wonder if that isn't hurting me...it shows my age. I have another 15 yrs to work, but since I started at the company at 17, it looks like I could be older than my 52 yrs. Not to mention, that 33 yrs is in printing...The commercial printing industry has been hit hard. I keep thinking...just when I think it won't happen, it will...I must be getting close.
ReplyDeleteYou'll do just fine. I'd a killed for a B. Somthing will come. Just think positve and pray. Scarllet said "There is always tomorrow".
ReplyDelete