Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tornados, yes we are still alive!

We had a tornado touch down about 7 miles from us. Since we live in a small town, everyone panicked and my phone started ringing. The most we saw was heavy rain and it got windy for about 2 minutes. What people don't realize is that since we are in a farming town, even though there are only 7 streets in our "town", the township is spread out over allot of farm land. We went to bed early last night and when I woke this morning R's daughter who lives in AZ had left 3 messages last night along with messages from my kids and some friends. "Are you guy's OK??" so I call her and let her know we are alive and well as her fiance is calling from Ca. "Are you guy's OK??" (He is on a business trip. They both travel allot for work.) He said, "I told her you probably just went to bed early and she insisted you never go to bed early." Well we went to bed early. So I spent 2 hours this morning returning calls to our combined 4 kids and various friends who called to see if we are still in house and home.

I guess I'll have to get in the car and go see where it touched down. It probably hit a farm field! That's one good thing about living in farm area. It usually hits a field. We really don't get much excitement here. Sometimes that's a good thing.

4 comments:

  1. So I reckon I can safely assume that yer definitely notta storm chaser, huh? ;-)

    Just think about the excitement of it all! With all that farmland ya got nearby (altho Kansas/Oz I'm pretty darn sure its NOT), I wonder how many chickens/pigs/cows (or even witches, perhaps?) would end up goin' flyin' by YER window!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for storm chasing. Not even a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish your community a safe return to normalcy and safety.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List