Friday, August 14, 2009

Bats in my......bedroom?

Wow! Talk about waking up fast! About 2:30 this morning, my other half was yelling at me to get up and out of bed.

YEA RIGHT, I had a friend in town from TX and drank a little too much last night so I wasn't going any where very fast, till he said, "There's a fucking bat in here, GET UP! The next thing I know I have this stupid thing dive bombing the bed. Talk about moving fast, oh yea. I jumped out of bed so fast you would have thought the house was on fire. By this time Rich was already down stairs and yelling at me to get down there. I headed for the stairs and it headed me off and kept flying over the staircase so I back tracked and hid out in the bathroom letting my other half take care of it. I did help a little, I opened the bathroom door a crack and tossed him a towel. He put on some gloves and put the towel over it and shoved it into a suitcase. Then this morning I picked up the suitcase to take it to the animal shelter for testing and I swear, if it would have started flapping around in there I would probably have dropped the suitcase. They told me that you could be bitten in your sleep and not even know it.

This is where I hid out all safe and cowardly while my hero captured the wild varmint.
I'll admit it, I'm a chicken when it comes to bats. This is the second one that got into the house. The last one was about 2-3 months ago. We were watching a movie in the dark and I saw it come flying out of our office. This time it was me yelling, "There's a fucking bat in the house." Rich said, "you're full of shit!" Then he sees it and says "There's a fucking bat in the house." NO SHIT SHERLOCK, I BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT! I grabbed an Afghan off the sofa and covered my head with it. This particular Afghan had dark pictures on it and I saw the outline of one of the pictures showing through and thought the bat was on the blanket and freaked out. In the mean time he's chasing it around the house trying to get it to go out the front door. The damn thing is going nuts, flying in and out of rooms. It seemed like it didn't like the lights so I told Rich to turn off all the lights and start turning them on one by one from the farthest room and it flew into each room that was dark and away from the ones that was lit eventually heading for the only dark spot left.......the open front door.
 
Tonight we will be sitting outside at dusk to see where they are flying around hoping to get an idea where they are coming in at. My guess is the upstairs window that the window air conditioner is in. We turned the attic into a master bedroom, walk in closet and bathroom a couple years ago, then we remodeled the downstairs bathroom. We still have an open area in the wall down stairs between the office and bathroom because we knocked out a fake wall behind the bathtub and moved the wall in 4 inches. I think the last one got in that window upstairs and made his way down the inside of the wall and entered the office that way. We haven't got around to trimming out that window yet because we have been replacing windows one at a time and that is the last one to replace. Since I was laid off and his hours have been cut it was low priority.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing worst than having a bat in your bedroom, is having one in your pants. OUCH!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List