Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just one more way to make chicken.

If you've read my interest's you know I love to cook. I'm always throwing things together. When ever R comes home and finds a messy counter he knows I've been experimenting. This usually means something good and every once in a while something not so good, but it's always edible.

Last night I had 2 very large and thick chicken breast so I put them between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pounded them about 1/4" thin so it wouldn't take as long to cook. Now what????

I had a red pepper and a green pepper, some black olives and some Mozzarella cheese. I poured a glass of wine, (for me) and sliced the peppers into strips.

I heated up my cast iron pan and added a little olive oil.
When the olive oil was hot I added the peppers and cooked just till slightly tender. Then I removed them from the pan.

I added the chicken breasts and I seasoned them with Adobo seasoning and covered them with a lid. After cooking about 5 minutes I flipped the chicken breasts. At this point I took another sip of wine and thought, why not share. I poured the rest over the breasts and seasoned that side with Adobo and basil and replaced the cover.

After about 5 minutes, I put the peppers on top of the breasts and topped with Mozzarella cheese then sliced black olives and more basil. Then I put the uncovered pan in the oven and baked just long enough to get the cheese just a little golden on the edges.

I was so involved in my main dish I didn't think about what to go with it, so while it was in the oven I heated some canned corn and brought out some left over salad.

This was something good and will definitely be made again! I think I will make a rice pilaf with it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List