I have been a little distracted with problems my friends are going through. I think about them all the time but I can't help. It makes my problems seem so small and trivial.
One lives in MO and has lost her home to the flood. They finally got back in to check out the damage and the house has floated off the foundation. She said at first, they were in shock. Her attitude is good...you can't change it so might as well make the best of it. I'm very proud of the way they are dealing with it. They are really keeping their spirits up and not letting it get them down. They even get an occasional joke in about it. You either cry about it or laugh about it.
My other friend is not so lucky to be able to joke about it. She had gone into the emergency room in January for severe stomach pain and vomiting. She had been having problems keeping food down for a while. She lost allot of weight and they told her at the hospital that she had an eating disorder. She said "no...I want to eat, I can't." They decided to check to pump her out and what came out was not good. They did an emergency exploratory and found her intestines were in knots and had tumors. They removed the tumors, several lymph nodes, and a section of her intestine. the results were cancer. She was scheduled to have a second surgery to remove more intestine and she got sick. They thought she had a respiratory infection and treated her with antibiotics. She didn't get any better. While they were doing her pre-op check up and running her EKG, they found an irregularity in her heart. They cancelled her surgery and put her in the hospital. They found out the respiratory infection was not an infection but COPD disorder. They got her stable and sent their home the next day.
She had her second surgery on the 27Th of April and they found her intestines knotted up again and took more lymph nodes and more of her intestines. She went home last Monday and got real sick again. She ended up back in the hospital on Tuesday and she is in quarantine because she got some kind of infection during the surgery and they don't want any one near her that might be carrying anything. It's hard to understand most of what she is saying because of the drugs. I'm not sure just how serious it is so I plan to call her son tonight.
BB:
ReplyDeletesome times we have to think how lucky we are in spite of the setbacks. Some have the good fortune of having good health, others don't, and it's just the luck of the draw. We have many things to be thankful for when we hear of other's misfortune. I heard a saying, "if money can solve the problem, then it's not a problem" , now . . . if only your back would get better.
take care
bob
Riding the Wet Coast
I 100% understand how ya feel, but if ya keep on doin' all this worryin' about others, yer gonna end up in the hospital yerself with knots in yer OWN damn stomach.
ReplyDeleteNot good, hun. Not good at all.
It's that "stinkin' thinkin'" that we sometimes tend to do to ourselves (and we do it so very well, too). And since I'm the Queen of Stinkin' Thinkin', I KNOW just how bad it can be.
I hope ya can replace that stinkin' thinkin' with some good ol' fashioned prayers....and try to keep yer pretty lil' chin up :-)
MDJ,
ReplyDeleteYou've just lost your title of Mean Donna Jean and earned the title of Keen Donna Jean.
Isn't it something how we can see what's best for others but it's hard to take our own advice. If we didn't care so much we wouldn't be the people we are and we wouldn't have the support we have.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Greatly appreciated.
I just prayed. It's hearting to hear things like this. My soon to be daughter in-laws Uncle was taken off life support last night. Is clinging on. Anerisum.(sp)
ReplyDelete