Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A break from studying.

We had a nice ride on Sunday. I did feel worse after words but damn...it was nice while it lasted. We really haven't had much nice weather for riding yet. Today it's suppose to be in the 80's for the first time this year. I would love to ride to school tonight...I'll refrain. Tonight is the last night of class for my Tax Accounting class. Final exam tonight. Wish me luck. I am so glad to have it over. I hate taxes but it's a required class for the accounting degree. As it is right now I am at a grade of 91. This could be my first B. I am taking a break right now after being at the books for three hours this morning. It seems I do better if I get away from it and go back and reread it. Tax accounting is a language all it's own and I'm terrible at any languages other than English. I tried Spanish and just could not do it. French might be fun to learn. Thing is...in IL you almost need Spanish to get a job. It's getting close to being required.

Today I am no better than I was. I figured out what I did to piss off my back. I flip my mattress and vacuum it with each season. How many people do that, is this normal practice or am I just out of touch? Rich said, "NO MORE...LET THE DAMN THING WEAR!" It's something I've always done to hopefully make the mattress last longer with fewer lumps.

I got a call from the cleaning man today asking me to work on Friday and two days next week. I hope this will be gone by then. I really need the money. He didn't needed me at all last week.

One of the Temp Services that I registered with a while back had an ad for entry level accounting. I called the temp office instead of just applying and he said that position was filled and that the only thing he had was for purchasing. I told him I had 10 years experience in purchasing of services. Really...purchasing is purchasing...bottom line is you find the best quality at the best price. He then asked my name and looked up my resume. "Oh it looks like you would be a good fit"...Duh...don't they look in their data base? He wanted a revised resume on Friday and I have not heard anything since. I also got an email on Friday from my QuickBooks instructor that she has someone looking for someone for some part time QuickBooks work. I emailed her back that I was interested and have heard nothing from her either.

I know I can't do the house cleaning for long with my back. I had to get Rich to go into the basement to bring up the laundry for me so I could get it folded. I asked him to take it upstairs for me last night after I folded everything but it is still sitting at the bottom of the stairs waiting. At this point I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and not saying anything...he probably just didn't think about it because I always take care of it. I'm sure he'll notice it tonight and take care of it. Sooner or later he will need underwear and socks. I'm having trouble with the stairs as it is and I know I can't get up them with a basket of laundry. Note to self...next house will be all one level!!!!

Break time is over...back to the books.

3 comments:

  1. BB:

    I hope your back gets better. It's not fun to be hurting all the time. I pinched a nerve a couple of years ago. It took over a week to get back to normal.

    good luck with your exam

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Tonight is the last night of class for my Tax Accounting class. Final exam tonight."

    Speakin' of final exams...

    I graded The Boss's stack of finals yesterday from one of the college accounting courses he teaches. Damn near the whole effin' class FLUNKED. It was mind-blowin'! Never in my almost 10 years of gradin' papers for him have I seen such a miserable group of slackin' off flunkies. 35 wrong on this one. 38 wrong on that one. 42 wrong over there. Outta 50 questions! Oh Lord, it was a m-e-s-s. He feels like damn near ALL of 'em deserve to flunk the whole damn course.

    I hope YOU have MUCH better luck :::fingers crossed::: with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well with your exam and that you feel better. I hurt my shoulder and it won't go away, it's been weeks already. My wife says I should go to the doctor but I'm stubborn, it will just have to heal by itself :-)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List