Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My son's pain.

Today I got a call from my ex mother-in-law. She told me that my ex was in the hospital in San Antonio. I called my son and he said that they had stopped to drop a load and while he was getting rid of the trash in the truck he asked his dad if he wanted the half empty drink he had in the cab. When he reached for the can, he slumped over and passed out. He had a heart attack. He was taken to the closest hospital and then airlifted to San Antonio University Hospital. They have him stable and they are doing some kind of hypothermia treatment to lower his body temperature so that his body is less stressed. They won’t know how bad it is till he wakes up. That probably won’t be for a day or two. I don’t know if they put him in a coma or if they just have him sedated.

My son’s girlfriend called later and she said that when this happened, my son ran around the truck and called 911. He said he didn’t have a pulse; he just sat there holding him in his arms, waiting for the paramedics to come. He said it was at least 30 minutes before they revived him. Now I wonder if he will come out of it at all. She said that they were able to fix one of the blockages but the other one was damaged so bad, it was useless to even try.

My ex father-in-law had his first heart attack at 46. My ex mother-in-law’s brother died at 47 and my ex brother-in-law died at 34; both of a heart attacks. My ex mother-in-law has had 2 heart attacks. My kids have it coming at them from both sides. Both my parents died of heart attack and I have been told I have calcification in my main aorta heart valve. I found that out when I was turned down for medical insurance. I think it means I am in the very early stages. I don’t know, since I don’t have insurance I can’t find out. My parents both died at 69. At least that’s better than the young ages it hit his family, I have time on my side.

I feel so bad for what my son is going through. He’s there alone and he’s taking it real hard. My oldest son and my daughter-in-law are on a plane now and will be landing in San Antonio in about 35 minutes. I talked to my ex’s wife and she is not keeping it together very well.

I told my ex mother-in-law to let me know if she needed anything and she said that she may ask me to come stay with her if she can’t get one of her kids to come. She is either late 80’s or early 90’s with a heart condition. I need to call her and check on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List