Thursday, October 20, 2011

Update

I'm not sure if it is normal to still care about an ex of 20 years ago. We were married for 17 years and had 2 kids together. I didn't divorce him because he was a bad person, just one I couldn't live with. We had nothing in common other than 2 kids.

They were getting real close being on the road together and his dad hadn't cut anyone off since the off ramp. He said it seemed like it was a wake up call to look better before pulling out. They were enjoying their time together and it was working out good for them. I was glad they where able to get reconnected. Things had been strained between him and the kids since he got remarried. The way he did it was the problem. They had been very close before she came along and then he just didn't come around any more. When he got married, my kids didn't know about it till the week of the wedding and they was handed an invitation from their grandmother two days before the wedding. My youngest went to the wedding but not the older one. My oldest son had not talked to him in a while. Both him and my ex are stubborn and neither one wanted to be the first to call. My son said it wasn't that he got married that bothered him, it was that it felt like he had abandoned them. He said that he could have excepted it if he had at least kept in touch and told him about it before he heard it from others. His new wife lived about 2 hours away and had kids in school. Her custody agreement stopped her from moving out here. This is understandable, but at 2 hours away, he could have at least came for the kids birthdays. My 2 youngest grand kids don't even know him. The 13 yr old barely remembers him and the 16 yr old is bitter because she does remember him and she did love him. I hope he gets through this and is OK. They have allot of catching up to do.
My oldest son and his wife got in about 10:00 last night and they slept at the hospital in his room. They got a rental car this morning and are on the way to pick up Bryan's rig and call the trucking company to see if they will give Bryan a hotel room and find out if they will be sending someone for the truck or just leave it with him till he is able to get away from the hospital. He won't be going anywhere till his dad is through the worst of it. This could take a while.

I just talked to my son and found out a little more about what had happened. He said that his dad had just woke up about 10 minutes before his heart attack happened and that if he hadn't woke up, he would have just let him sleep another 5 hours till it was his turn to drive. So in other words, he would have died if he didn't wake up. My son said his dad was having problems at home and his wife was calling allot, so he wasn't getting the sleep he needed. He said his dad wasn't feeling good last week either, so he would have just thought he was sleeping good for a change. My ex's wife is driving down with his sister. I told my oldest son to make sure he keeps his cool with her, for his dad's sake and maybe this might be a good time to get to know her a little. I just talked to her yesterday, she told me about the problems they were having and how she didn't feel like she was excepted by his family...siblings and his kids. She said that he had become distant and she had been accusing him of having an affair. I told her that I didn't think that was in him to do that and that was never a suspition to me when we were together, I just don't think it's something he would do. More likely he was distant becuase of the fighting between them. That was allway his way, leave it alone and it will fix it's self. I told both her and my son that the bickering has to stop. They all need to grow up and get along. Let the past go. There is allot of healing needs to be done and not just the physical. Talk about your disfunctional family!

Now that I have that out of my system, maybe I can get some homework done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List