Sunday, October 23, 2011

Things are starting to look better for my ex (Mike). He has finally come out of the coma and is starting to react. The Dr. said his name real loud and he opened his eyes then closed them right away. The Dr. asked him to look at him and he opened them again. Then he walked around the bed and said his name again and he looked that way.

Once he opened his eyes, my oldest son took his hand and told him he loved him and Mike started to cry. At one point he smiled. They did an MRI to check brain function and they will know the results tomorrow.

On Thursday, his mother asked my son to get a priest to do a wellness prayer and his wife went ballistic on my son. She said, "He is not Catholic and there will be no priest here." I can't believe she didn't know he is Catholic. He wears a chain with St. Christopher on it. On the back it is engraved; Please call a priest, I'm Catholic. I know this because I bought it for him. Last time I saw him, I notice he was still wearing it. Years ago he had one that his older brother gave him on a key chain. He lost it, so I replaced it on a chain so it would be noticed if something did happen. Personally, I'm Lutheran, we all have our beliefs, they're all important and they all need to be respected.

Then his wife insisted that he has lung cancer, not heart disease. She said she took out a life insurance policy for lung cancer. She seems to be totally neurotic, not to mention, psycho. Actually, that's her nick name with Mike's family. Strange...very strange!

I also found out a little more about my son. I misunderstood that my son sat there holding him and crying while waiting for the ambulance. It turns out that 911 talked him through CPR. He probably saved his dads life. I am very proud of him. It had to be the most terrifying time of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List