I am so excited; I won a Dell notebook in the holiday drawing at the school bookstore. I have wanted to get Rich one for two years now. Since I share my laptop with Rich and he only uses email and internet, I have decided it is a perfect gift for him. I am installing printer drivers, virus protection, and setting up all his internet favorites, email contacts, etc. right now. It's so perfect for him. Yes, it’s a smaller keyboard...he uses the search and peck method any way...plus we have a USB keyboard he can use if he really hates the smaller keyboard. I love giving!
Because money is tight this year, I decided not to buy for my kids and concentrate on the grandkids. Well laid plans of mice and men…and some women. That’s easy to do for my oldest son and his wife, since they have everything they need. My youngest son is not so fortunate. He has not been able to find work in the field he is certified in, so he's taking parts off cars at a junkyard. It’s work, not the kind he would like to do and not much pay, but I am proud that he is at least working and willing to do what it takes. Point is he works outside and in case you’re not familiar with Northern IL weather, it’s freaking cold here! Being a mom, I can’t stand the thought of him working in the cold without the right outer wear. I bought him insulated Carhartt bib overalls. Of course I can’t buy for one and not the other so I am officially over budget on Christmas. That’s ok, it feels good.
So my wish for all of you…may giving bring you the same happiness it brings me.
That is so nice of you, remember you will get back tenfold in love what you give :-) no matter how big or small the gift is, a Merry Christmas to you and all your family :-)
ReplyDeleteI think "you get it."
ReplyDelete