Friday, December 24, 2010

Cookies, cookies, and more cookies!


I had a really good time with the girls yesterday, can you believe it...no finger licking. This is Julia rolling dough around a candy bar center. We cut the mini bite size candy bars in half and wrap them in sugar cookie or snickerdoodle dough. Ummm Ummm good.

Only one down fall, my youngest son's ex, never answered my calls to pick up Milaynah till 2:30, half way through making cookies. She moved 45 minutes away so I asked her if she could meet me half way. When she said no, I offered to go the whole distance to pick up Milaynah and keep her till Bryan got off work. Bryan was suppose to pick her up at the baby sitters after work anyway. She said no because she had to leave for work in an hour and still needed to shower. Which didn't make sense because I just offered to save her a trip to the sitter. She then said Bryan was not suppose to get her till today. He called me to ask how it was going and if I was able to get Milaynah, I told him about the conversation and he said, looks like I will have to take my court papers tonight when I go pick her up. He keeps court papers in his glove compartment just for the times when she is being difficult. He has had to call the county sheriff several times just to pick up his daughter. The sheriff looks at the papers and orders her to get Milaynah ready. I don't understand her thinking when she knows that he will do what ever it takes to see his daughter when it's his visitation.

That little girl is his whole world and he wants her to be a part of our family traditions. I scheduled the cookie time on a day that she was suppose to end up with Bryan so that it was on his time. I thought it was easier for her too, since she wouldn't have to take her to the sitter. We even schedule our holidays around his visitation so that there is less drama.

She is so moody, there are times when I can pick her up and take her on an outing just the two of us and she is fine with it and she's very friendly when I pick her up. She has even had her mom meet me half way after wards to get Milaynah. She hates my oldest son, Michael because he gave Bryan the money to fight for joint custody. He even got the lawyer to get a clause in there that if something happened to Bryan, Michael would have her for two weeks during the summer and so would I. I have never seen two brothers as close as Michael and Bryan. I wonder if that was part of it yesterday. Thing is, Michael and my daughter-in-law were both at work. The only ones at their house was Julia, Angelic and myself. Oh, and china too.

I will make time to get them together for some cookie making after Christmas, maybe we will start a new tradition of baking New Year cookies. One way or another, she will be included. I suspect that since she is only four, there will be finger licking again.
We will see her tonight and all will be good.
Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope Santa is good to you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List