Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Shopping with an 8 year old

I picked up Julia for our shopping spree. They got a new dog. It's a black Pug named Puggy Sue. How clever! Their other dog...born 2 days before Julia...a big American Bull Dog named China, with jaws and a bark that is totally intimidating, is a little jealous. When I came in, the pug was jumping on my leg and China decided to jump too. I am 5' 8", when she jumps on me, she is up to my shoulders. Fortunately, she listens good and as soon as I told her to sit she was sitting. She is not suppose to jump on people and this was a first. Every time the pug came near me she got in between us and sat in front of me till I pet her. She seems to like me but she always barks when I leave with one of the kids and I wonder if she doesn't like me taking them out of the house. She is very protective of the kids and my daughter-in-law...especially Julia.

On the way to the mall, we were chair dancing in the car with the radio turned up loud, just having a good time. I gave her $50 to spend on anything she wanted. I had to remind her at the first store that we would be coming right back past it on the way back so if she saw something she liked we could get it later, after we looked at a couple other stores.

We stopped for ice cream and I stopped at the newsstand and got some instant lottery tickets and won $15. Julia had an extra $15 dollars to shop with.

The next store we went to, her bill was just under $59. I reminded her that she wanted a TV pillow from the first store we went into and she only had $6 left. After the cashier realized Julia was paying for it herself, he reached under the counter and pulled out a coupon for 20% off. He said, "let's see if this helps". We were able to go back to the first store and get her the Minnie Mouse TV pillow she wanted.

I always take them to dinner after shopping...her choice this year...McDonald's.

1 comment:

  1. Great story, my baby girl (18 now) is getting her first apartment on the first...I think she could learn from this post about spending...Rent or night out with the girls.ha-ha. I also liked the small act of kindness the cashier did at the end...I did a post about kindness about a year ago you might enjoy

    http://bigalscompound.blogspot.com/2009/06/small-act-of-kindness.html

    sometimes it just makes your day..Good job.
    Big Al

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List