Today was our day to roast a turkey at home since we were out of town for Thanksgiving. I am sooooo stuffed! My youngest son was here with his daughter and a few of our friends. Along with the usual dressing, and sides, I made a pear pie, key lime cheesecake, and our friends brought the pumpkin pie. It was fun to see my granddaughter again. She's four and finally past her shy stage. She answered the door when our friends got here and invited them in. I'm glad she is finally become friendly, but this could be a problem. She has gone from painfully shy to over trusting.
My friend is still in the hospital and still, is only able to have ice chips. I think it is the white blood cell counts that they are watching. Hers was at 19 on Friday when we went to visit her. It is at 14 today so she is finally going in the right direction. By the time she gets home she will be completely healed from the Gallbladder surgery. When I had mine out, it was out-patient and I was walking to the post office on the second day. I didn't have gallstones, mine just pooped out and was barely working. I am thankful that mine was so easy. They expect she will be able to go home Tuesday or Wednesday. She is so depressed being there for so long. She's worried about her job and her kids and just basically getting cabin fever. I'm sure once she gets home, she will do much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment