Thursday, December 9, 2010

School update

I have completed all my classes this semester as of today. I have all A's and I graduate for my Vocational Certification in Accounting and Office Technologies on the 17Th...WITH HONORS!!!

I have my next semester all lined up. I am only taking 6 credit hours this coming semester because I want to be able to work full time if the opportunity is there. I have a Saturday class for 1 credit, and a Tuesday night class for 3 credits and 2 independent study classes at 1 credit each. The 3 credit is tax accounting, then I have a Quickbooks ll, a tax software class and an advanced Excel for 1 credit each. They are all classes I will need for an Associates Degree.

I am starting to think that I should start taking some classes in medical terminology and Phlebotomy. That way I could widen my job scope. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations :-) sorry, don't know anything about medical terminology or Phlebotomy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Suggestions? My wife went back to school at 40 became a respiratory therapist. That was 13 yrs ago. They are in demand. Hell I'd never heard of them. They are generally on a lot of survival flights. Cause it's a need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. George, medical terminology is: development of medical vocabulary through the combination of
    word elements. Medical prefixes, suffixes, and
    anatomic roots are combined to form anatomic,
    diagnostic, symptomatic and operative
    terms. Noun, verb, and adjective suffixes are
    presented, as well as plural endings that derive
    from Latin and Greek languages. Additional
    emphasis is placed on correct pronunciation,
    spelling and abbreviation of medical terms.

    Medical terminology can help me find work in a medical office.

    Phlebotomy is drawing blood.

    Webster: I'm not so sure I am smart enough for that. I would be doing real good just getting through medical terminology. I do better with numbers and computer softwares than anything.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List