Sunday, March 10, 2013

Jury duty notice in the mail and the Dallas training crew paid us a visit.

As if things aren't hectic enough, I was chosen to report for jury duty in April. I hope I am not chosen to sit in on a trial. Been there, done that. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so busy at work. It's not likely I will have to serve since I or a family member has been victimized by most any crime you could imagine. I'm definitely too bitter over my brother's murder to ever sit for a murder trial.

Last week the company had a training crew of four here from Corp in Dallas. They were training our production team for the new software. It's cheaper to fly 4 people here than to fly 16 there. They take one person from each job title and train them so they can train the rest.

I  have a better idea of what to expect now that I have met with some of the TX team and talked to some of our people who trained with them. I had no training from their visit, just meet and greet and some questions answered.  They have different teams training each department. I will be trained by the finance team since I will be reporting to finance starting May 1st.

It's pretty much what I had expected. I will train on the software and then try it out to see if it will do what we need it to do.

It was funny because we had a significant snow fall while they were here and none of them have ever driven on snow. She asked the day before if the company would be closed for the snow. My boss told her we are here rain, shine or snow storm. When she got in the next morning, she said that people were passing them looking at them like they wanted to say "WTF". She said she wanted to tape a note to her rear window that said, "Go around, I'm from TX."

We do tend to get a little impatient with slow drivers. We figure people should be used to it and if you're driving real slow you're just a wuss. She said, "You guys act like it's nothing." I told her just because we're used to it, it doesn't mean we like it. It's home, what can I say.

3 comments:

  1. Have had 4 Jury duty letters. I call my Dr. then go pick up the note to send. I have extreme arthrites.(sp)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I’d rather have jury duty. Extreme arthritis last allot longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure does. Hay have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List