Saturday, March 16, 2013

Packed and ready.

What can I say...I'm a planner. I'm completely packed. I've never traveled for work before so I'm excited about my trip to Dallas. Sounds like they have everything covered. Breakfast and lunch at Corp and for dinner we are all dinning together where ever Corp chooses to take us. I am hoping for some alone time after dinner.

I'm excited about the training and getting a look at the new software before having it launched on us and also the new title. Hopefully it will come with a raise. Since we are a large publicly traded company, the pay scale is based on your title and job category. Your pay is based on levels of experience and top out making it impossible to ever go higher unless you make a  move to a different position. The bright side of that is equal pay regardless of who you are. From what I understand, even if my current position is a higher pay scale, I will not take a pay cut. It will just be a long time till I get more money. My hope is that the new position is in a higher pay scale.

The position I have now was created and Corp had nothing to compare it to. I will no longer be a Billing Analyst, I will be on the financial team. The analyst part of my title is based on the fact that I have to determine what was sold, sometimes not so easy when you sell allot of tech based marketing with so many variables. Also we sell to dealers and agencies, making it difficult to know who exactly gets charged, the dealership or the agency. Sometimes the dealer does marketing on their own and sometimes they take advantage of the agencies marketing offers. Then we also have some being billed to the dealers manufactures marketing accounts, all being billed in different ways depending on the manufacturer, mostly by entering job information and then exporting information into reports that are electronically sent to the corp offices for payment.

Now that I have bored everyone reading this to tears, time for some fun news.

We are going to a St. Patrick's day dinner and dance tonight. We have not been dancing in so long I am really looking forward to it. We used to be so good together, that people at the club tried to get us to give lessons. Now, I'm sure we will be stepping on each others feet and laughing it off. Rich used to like to push me to my limit and spring new moves on me. A long time ago, he put me into a third spin and I surprised him by keeping up. Some of the other women would ask Rich to dance with them because he danced better than their husbands. They would always tell him, "JUST NO FANCY TRIPLE SPINS!" He would just wink at me like it was our special step. They never had allot of chances to dance with him. I was a little selfish with my dance partner and only let others have the privilege when I needed a break.

For dinner last night we went to a local biker friendly place. Rich told me there would be allot more riding this year now that he is feeling better and pain free. He was in pain for over a year and finally decided he'd had enough when he could hardly do anything any more. He was very worried about the surgery because of the nerve involvement and was worried about the chance of loss of use. His surgery went so well, he only has a little numbness in two fingers. It's hard for him to feel things with those two fingertips like he used to. He said that if he needed to do it again he would not hesitate. He feels like he has his life back. It had gotten to the point that he could not ride without increasing terrible pain and numbness all the way up his arm. He said the numbness was so bad that he was not confident riding that his hand and arm would always have the strength and feeling do what he wanted it to do, not to mention the pain of having his arms up to ride.

Looking forward to a fun filled riding season.

Oh and for those who have been following...I know spring is coming...I had a dream about hundreds of bats pushing the bedroom drywall in and flying frantically around the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List