Sunday, December 16, 2012

No cancer!

I had not even thought about cancer, but the biopsy was apparently done to rule out cancer. None to be found...very happy to hear that. The results are consistent with reflux damage which can be controlled with medication.
The back MRI shows several small perineural cysts on 7 exiting nerve roots in my spine with some stenosis. Don't know what any of this means as far as what's next.
I will have to see a neurologist to know more. I have been in constant pain for 16 days now. I am functioning on pain meds, trying to use them as sparingly as possible. I don't want to get dependant on them.
My boss has been great about the whole thing. This is an amazing company to work for. She told me that I am a good employee, this is just temporary, and we will get through it.

Rich's carpal tunnel surgery went well as far as the carpal tunnel is concerned. He is still in allot of pain so it looks like he will be having the surgery to his spine where the nerve is pinched. They were hoping the carpal tunnel surgery would relieve enough pressure from the nerve that he would have less pain.

I'm not liking this getting old thing...it just doesn't agree with me.

1 comment:

My Blog List