Thursday, March 24, 2011

No where to go but up?????

I have my doubts.

I did the stupidest thing I have ever done. I totalled my car.

A friend who has just recently had a section of her intestine and several lymph nodes removed because of cancerous tumors is finally up and around after her first surgery. She asked me to join her for lunch along with another friend who had breast cancer about a year ago.

At first I told her no because I needed to study. Then I decided to call her and go any way. The first mentioned friend is going back in late April to have another section of intestine removed. I couldn't stand the thought if something happened to one of them and I didn't spend time with them when I had the chance so I hurried to get a shower and on my way I went.

I stopped at an intersection behind another vehicle, after they crossed, I pulled up and made my stop and started into the intersection. I never saw the car coming from the left. It was foggy and overcast and I don't know if I missed it because of the telephone pole blocking my view or if it was the fog or if he even had his lights on. He told Rich after Rich got there that he couldn't believe I started to go after the first car because he had to slow down to avoid hitting them. That tells me that the first car never saw him either. Bottom line...it was my fault, I had a stop sign and he didn't. Both rodes are 55 speed limit and I'm sure he was going at least that...I would have. I think that his front wheel well caught my license plate and it tore off my front bumper. He had no front end damage...just damage to his two passenger doors and his back tire blew...probably after running over my head light lens cover and bumper.
The dash is completely tore up and the sun roof was knocked out of the track from the air bags . It's unbelievable how much force those air bags have. It's a good thing they are designed to go up and not into you. I have long legs so I keep my seat all the way back. I've heard that shorter people who sit closer to the wheel get hurt from the air bags. After yesterday, I believe it.
My car was 9 years old with 154,860 miles on it so I doubt I will get much from the insurance company for it. I just put new tires on it last Oct.
My policy expires Apr 27th and I just called the insurance company on Tue and told them to drop the collision on it starting my next renewal period. I guess I can be thankful it happened now and not after the 27th.
I have no job other than temp jobs that are spotty. I made $22 last week after taxes and I expect about $45 for this weeks pay.
What can to wrong next...only one thing I can think of...my health.

3 comments:

  1. BB:

    I feel so sorry that this happened. It only takes one second . . . At least you still have collision coverage, less deductible. There is still the chance that they will Fix your car

    hang in there, hope a job appears soon

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. BB...Thanks sooo much for your warm thoughts. You seem to have a very kind heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAMN girl....when ya do it, ya really do it WELL! LOL But hey, at least yer okay, and that's the most important thing. Dunno what we'd do without our Biker Babe(y).

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List