Friday, March 25, 2011

Settlement

The appraiser was just here and he totaled it. $5,425 in damages. They are giving me $3,378 after my deductible. The cheapest car that I've been able to find that is the same year with everything mine had is $4500-$5500. Of course there are allot of them that are cheaper...more miles...more rust...less goodies...etc.

How often did I really use my elect sun roof anyway? Rear defogger is only good in the winter. Keyless entry...nice stereo...elect doors, elect windows, elect mirrors...just extras. I've drove worse.

I have to say, the insurance co has been right on top of it. Everyone has had a great attitude and very friendly. I was approved for a rental since the day it happened so I am going to pick one up tonight. I will only have to pay 1.49 a day plus tax. I just got a phone call from Co Parts asking when they can come get my car out of the way. I can get a check as early as Tuesday and I will have the rental till the end of next week so that gives me a couple days to get a car and I can always start looking tomorrow. My luck I will find a cream puff tomorrow and it will be gone by the time I get the check.

2 comments:

  1. So tell us.....who's this insurance company that's doin' all of these unusual unheard of things? (in other words, THEIR JOB!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Trumbull Insurance Co. with the Hartford Grp through AARP.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List