Rich pulled the car apart today and has the hood and fenders looking so good you can't tell till you get close that there is a problem. Between after market parts and parts form a junk yard, it can be fixed and I will have something left for a downer on a good car later. This way I can save some more after I have a job and get something I want and not just what ever I could get for three grand...which around here is not much.
I'm not replacing the sunroof. The track is busted on it. Tomorrow my son is coming over and since he has removed allot of them, he may be able to fix it. If he can't, they are just going to put it back in there and seal it shut. I'm not replacing the air bags...Gorilla tape to the rescue...the air bags are stuffed back into the dash and I will be picking up some Gorilla tape to tape the dash back together. I don't need no stinking air bags...my generation has drove most our lives without them and we're still alive. Hell...I hit a tree at 60 miles an hour with out one and I'm still here...not that I ever want to do that again. That was caused by a blow out on a wet road.
This way I don't have to worry about paying high insurance rates for full coverage...maybe I can get the Cavalier to last another three years...ha...right! By then my premiums should start to come down again. I believe it takes from three to five years after an accident for that to happen. Bottom line...I need a job...a real job...not temp placements.

I picked up my rental today, it's a Dodge Avenger. Same color as this one. It's a nice car but I wouldn't buy one for myself. I don't like the blind spots. When you are backing up you have to really stretch to see around the head rests, the door jam between the front and back doors, and the spot behind the back window is a huge blind spot. I'm looking in all three mirrors and all around and I'm still not comfortable with it. At $2 a day plus tax, I'll deal with it. When I go to the store I'll make sure I find spots I can pull straight through. Plus it has allot more power than my Cavalier so I am always checking my speed and I'm always speeding. I can see I will be using the cruise allot just to control my speed. I don't need a $100+ ticket for speeding. I have no idea what one is now but I don't want one.
Till next time...I will be enjoying satellite radio. Hey I gotta get something outta this! Just trying to look on the bright side.
Sorry about what happened, glad you okay :-) hopefully you will find a good paying job soon and things will get better.
ReplyDeleteI just blew $1000 on the repair and for a new gas valve for my furnace today, I had no heat in the house. I really didn't need this. we just have to look on the bright side, we still here ;-)
BB:
ReplyDeletesounds like a good plan. Just drive it as long as it goes. I can't believe no one is giving you a job. You would be their best employee, ever. I don't understand why no one would believe that, they only have to come to your BLOG to find out what a good person you are.
I have Satellite radio and I love it. you can choose your type of music and not have to change stations as you travel all over the country. I like Doo-Wop and TJ Lubinsky is the DJ. I have a couple of docking stations to move from car to car. I also have a portable unit which I was going to use on my bike
bob
Riding the Wet Coast