Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tonight's dinner.

I love to cook and sometimes I come up with something that Rich likes so much he gets a belly ache from eating too much. I had stuff that had to get used...cooking for 2 you have left over ingredients...this is how they all went together.

~=about

I call this my version of Italian cabbage soup...if there is such a thing!

1 lb bulk Italian sausage
1/2 white onion
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 head of cabbage
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can RoTel mild tomatoes
~1/2 of an 8oz tub of mushrooms
16 oz (I think) tomato sauce
2 or 3 6oz cans of V-8
~1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
~1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 bay leaves
celery salt (sprinkled it in till I decided it was enough)
I also added some water till it looked right.

I cooked the sausage till 1/2 done, added the onions, peppers, and mushrooms. When they were just slightly tender and the sausage was done, I added the cabbage, the tomatoes, the liquids, and then the seasonings.

If any one decides to try this...let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. "I had stuff that had to get used...cooking for 2 you have left over ingredients"

    Hey, wait a second! There's just the 2 of us in MY household (me & the kid) but how come *I* never have any leftover ingredients in MY frig?

    Oh wait, thaaaaaat's right.

    I don't COOK :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good about now. Read that now I'm stavin.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List