I studied later than I should have and walked out without my calculator. I stopped by Office Max and realized I also forgot my purse. I always dump my change in a cubby hole in the dash so I gathered it all up and headed into the store...short .04...DUH! The sales kid was really sweet and got the .04 out of his pocket and took care of it for me. My hero!!! I literally ran out of the store and got to class 25 minutes late. By this time, I'm frazzled and worried the Professor won't let me take the test but he was OK with it. I finished and went over my test again, changing a couple multiple choice questions that I thought I had wrong. If I find out that they were the ones I got wrong, I will scream right there in class. I hate testing, I don't do it well but I am not the only one...there were still people taking the test when I left and they were there before me. Like I said, it's a tough class.
Now I am having a problem with creating extraction ranges in Excel. I don't usually have any problems learning in Excel. I guess I will have to go in tomorrow and pay a visit to my instructor. This is an independent study class. I decided on independent for this class because I usually don't have issues with Excel. This IS an advanced class, but still. Am I getting stupid in my old age or what?
I have actually done something right today...I just baked a really nice loaf of wheat bread for Rich's lunches. It is cooling now and smells soooo good...I just want to cut into it...I have to resist… I have to resist! During the winter months, I bake our bread. I can't bake in the summer because we only have a window air conditioner in the living room and one in the upstairs bedroom. It's like a treat when fall rolls around and I can start baking again.
On the job front, I had a second friend call me and tell me that the temp agency contacted her for a reference. I guess I'm still in the running for the print estimating position. I haven't heard anything on my Monday interview or the condo where my friend lives. I don’t understand why it is taking so long to go through the process of picking a candidate for the job. There must be other estimators they are considering.
I friend called and said that a bar/restaurant that we go to for fish fry is hiring. I mentioned it to Rich and he told me he would rather I didn't work at all than to work in a bar. He said we can get by till the right job comes along. I understand why he feels that way, I used to work 2nd shift and it's hard on a relationship. You only see each other on the weekends and when you work at a bar, weekends are pretty much mandatory.
On a sad note. A local couple were killed in a car accident. I didn’t know them personally but being a small community, we do know some of the family. It feels strange since I was at that same intersection ½ hour before the accident. I was coming home from my interview and the store. It had been raining and the temps had started to drop. How much of it was due to slick roads…who knows. My heart goes out to the families. It has to be hard to lose loved ones so young. And also for the firefighters who had to find one of their own.
http://couriernews.suntimes.com/3958782-417/future-teacher-firefighter-killed-in-sycamore-crash.html
http://www.kcchronicle.com/2011/02/22/maple-park-woman-remembered/auzaw4u/
No comments:
Post a Comment