I've had a busy day, I had an interview with yet another temp service. I tested pretty good. They have a position that is 1 1/2 hours away for $9/hr. Three tanks of gas a week at $40 each is equal to $3 an hour for a 40 hr week. That leaves me with about $186 a week after taxes and gas...not to mention, I didn't include FICA, state tax, or wear and tear on my car. At this point, I thought about it real hard, then I thought about three hours of driving every day. There's gotta be a better way.
A friend recommended me for a position as a manager at the condo where she lives...45 minute drive...much better than 1-1/2 hrs and almost double the pay. She said that when she left the board meeting last night, they had my resume on the table for review. Since she's an owner she can't stay for the personnel meetings. Booooo!
A different friend called me and said that one of the temp services called him for a reference for a permanent job they are considering me for as a print estimator...sound familiar? That's what I did for the last 10 years at my last job.
I got a call to set up an interview from the nursing home where my Aunt Babe was...30 minutes away. That's only $8.90/hr for accounts payable. Tempting just to get the experience and at this point, I would take it in a heart beat. Can't say I would stay very long. It's about equal to what I was getting when I had unemployment. The bright side is that I would have medical, that is a huge plus and, I wouldn't have to drive to Egypt.
I am hoping for the estimating job...with my experience...I can get a better wage there. It's not what I've been studying for, but I still plan to keep going for my Associates. I can always get into accounting after the job market gets better.
Any bets on what happens next?
No comments:
Post a Comment