Friday, July 2, 2010

The move is done.

Finally done! We moved right down to the last few minutes. We left the house with the last load just before midnight. We got home about 2:30 am. I woke up this morning with a migraine and after taking some migraine meds, I slept for 2 hours this after noon and woke up without the headache but felling very groggy. The meds are so strong, they do that to me. Today was a minor one, it only had me down till 1:30 this afternoon. Usually when I get one I am down for at least a day to two days. I think it may have been the vicodine last night. Codeine triggers migraines for me and I got my knee pissed off in the move...I need to have it scoped...the result of yeas of dance. They had some vicodine and I usually do fine with it unless it has codeine in it...I never even thought to ask. I was having trouble walking and in allot of pain. I hope Rich did OK at work today. He was beat. I know he pushed the snooze more than once this morning. He usually gets up the first time.
The daughter really came through during the last week. I found out allot and I can't say I would have been any different. She is carrying allot of baggage from her childhood over past evictions. Just goes to prove you can't judge people on appearances. Apparently they owned a store, lost that then came into money and lost it. The only work the dad has done since losing the store is the balloons and that's seasonal and spotty. The son finally showed late on Wednesday thinking it was the last day...to put in a few token hours to say he did something.
I am a little disappointed in one thing. The daughter was leaving yesterday as I was getting there and the son was there. I spent the morning getting caught up on school work and applying for jobs...important in my opinion. The mom was telling her daughter goodbye and she looked at me and said "these two kids are great...they really came through for me, especially her. She has been working so hard and put in so much time." I was thinking...hum...I've been here nearly everyday for two weeks and it sounds like I did nothing in her opinion. The daughter spoke up and said "you need to be grateful to her, she put in allot more time than I did and worked just as hard." She acknowledged that and said "but you did so much heavy lifting." And yes she did...she is definitely no wimp, she kept up with the men. I did what I could with 2 degenerated disc's and bone spurs in my spine. I understand that she loves her daughter...as she should...it would have been nice to get some recognition for my time too. All my efforts will come back to me someday and I'll remeber to give credit where credit is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List