It's been a very long weekend. Rich is upstairs nursing his back after all the moving. I tried to get him to use the dolly more but he said it's faster to just pick it up and go.
Friday we went to a place that we used to go dancing at every weekend. It was closed a few years ago and was just reopened . It's just not the same. We used to have the dance floor packed all the time. There were a few of the old crowd but mostly younger people. It seems like the younger people don't dance much and when they do, they have any dance floor etiquette. They take drinks out on the floor and spill them all over making it easy to slip and fall. Most bars near us don't bother to have a dance floor because the spills just ruin them, not to mention they don't want to be sued. I miss the dancing and gained weight from lack of it. I guess I'll have to start to exercise...that's no fun.
Saturday we went to a party at a friends house and of course, we stayed too late as usual, getting home at about 2 am. The hostess was on the floor in need of help getting into bed and there were at least 12 people still there. Bet I know what she did all day yesterday. As for us...we rode up to Fox Lake and to the Volo Auto Museum, then down the 355 Expressway to the 290 and east toward the city to Forest Park to a place our friend likes to go to. I hate riding the expressways, it's insane most of the time. It wasn't too bad being a Sunday. I expected it to be worse since Chicago was having their forth of July celebration Sunday. After that we stopped at their house in Villa Park for a short visit then another short visit in So. Elgin before heading home.
The only thing I have done today is study and blog. I think it's time to get some groceries and start thinking about what's for dinner.
I hope everyone had a fun and safe fourth.
After being on the bikes all day every day for the last 4 days... we slept most of Monday. Cat napping on and off all day long makes for a groggy head, but my body said... rest!
ReplyDeleteGlad the move is done and you can relax again.
Sounds like a good weekend. I don't drive like I once did. Don't miss the moring after shit at all.
ReplyDeleteLR...I know what you mean...sometimes I think I need a mini vacation after a long weekend or vacation.
ReplyDeleteWW...I don't drink like I used to either...not worth the headache.