I spend at least 2-3 hours everyday trying to find a job. Either they want a degree with years of experience or you have to be bilingual. What's that crap!!!
I'm all for people trying to make a better life for themselves, but how about learning our language so we don't have to learn a foreign language just to fit in with them and work in our own country.
My grandparents...mom's side...came here from Germany...dad's side...Irland and worked for the locals in return for teaching them and their children English. My daughter-in-laws father came here from Mexico and speaks perfect English. Why is it that the majority of immigrants now refuse to learn English?
My unemployment has run out earlier than some since the extensions have been cut. I don't think I'm entitled to a life time free ride. I really want a job, not a handout...so much so, I am going to be sitting in with the bookkeeper at the company that Rich works at just to get hands on experience. No pay, just experience. They only have her come in 2-3 days a week. It's not a large company...just 10 employees.
I live in a small town and absolutely no jobs here. I can't drive 45 minutes for minimum wage. The shop Rich works at is 35 minutes away but I can ride in with him and after his last job of the day, he can stop back at the shop to pick me up. He's a road tech for a forklift company. They are not hiring office help since they are slow, but they can give me some experience. The lady that currently does the books may be retiring soon. She is in her late 60's-early 70's. I would even be willing to work 2 part time jobs if I could get medical at one.
We normally give to charities; paralyzed vets, VFW, disabled vets, etc. We have always tried to support our troops. We can't give any more since I am not working and I'm sure others have had to stop giving also. If Rich was still getting 40+ hours we would be fine, but his work is slow too. There are so many of our own that are in need. I get so frustrated when I hear that we are sending money to other countries when we have so many in need here and our deficit is so high.
I'm really starting to get depressed. Any one need their house cleaned? How about a home cooked meal?
No comments:
Post a Comment