
This is my oldest grand daughter a little over a year ago. Her hair is normally a dark strawberry blond with gold accents. I like her natural color best. Her dark eyes and medium skin are such an uncommon combination with the strawberry blond hair, especially during the summer when it is allot lighter from the sun. Both of these were taken in the winter, before and after she colored it. That's what you get when dad is a red head and mom is of Mexican decent. Maybe I'm just a proud gramma...but I think she is absolutely beautiful. I think my son is about to have his hands full. I just hope he is strong enough to control himself with the boys that are sure to come around. He's already having trouble dealing with the boys calling and talking about cleaning his guns when ever she starts dating.This is a storm we was trying to out run a few weeks ago. We just made it home when it caught up to us. It was only about 6-7 pm and getting very dark. As dark as it was by the time we got home, you would have thought it was later.


This past weekend we rode to Starved Rock. On the way we stopped at a roadside rest area. Hopefully you can see what we saw in the trees. It was filled with shoes. I always wonder what is the purpose of tossing shoes into trees.
Closer to home we stopped for a beer and we ran into some people from our town out playing with there toys.



This got Rich working on his 1968 Plymouth Road Runner. He bought the car new and drove it for years. He ended up parking it in the garage because it needed work and it has been sitting since we moved here. He has an engine for it that he took out years ago because it used too much gas and he had to use the car to drive back and forth to work. He said it would pass anything but a gas pump. Having a stay at home wife and raising two kids, he couldn't afford the gas and had to put a smaller engine in it. This engine is supposedly worth quite a bit. It was a limited edition Commando something...I am not good at remembering engine spec's. He had traded his train set for it when he was about 18. He plans to put that engine back into it. He talked about putting an auto trans in it...I looked at him and said, no way! I had a couple sticks when I was younger and I liked them, I do agree they are a pain in traffic. It's not like he is going to be driving it everyday everywhere he goes.He has been working on it every night for a couple hours after work, getting it stripped down. After he gets it stripped, he is going to take it to work and steam clean it and start doing the body work. His boss has a 56 Chevy that he rebuilt and wants Rich to do the Plymouth at the shop. He will probably do the body work and any welding there, but he wants to be able to do most of it at home. I'm getting excited for him.
I hope he lets me pick the color...he's color blind. Not real bad, he just has trouble with shades of reds and oranges, and shades of blues, purples and black. You could put pink or orange in front of him and he would swear it was red and dark blue, purple and black all look the same to him.
I will have to start taking pix of it and posting his progress.



Wow! The Studabaker is pretty cool.
ReplyDeleteThe green one is a Studabaker too. I can't remember the exact year...1935-1939????
ReplyDeleteDid not know that. They did make some great looking cars. Were a head of the times on a lot of things. Fast cars there were.
ReplyDelete