Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Is there such a thing as too much fun? I think not!

Today I am having a "down time" day after a very long non stop 5 days. I started out tired to begin with because I don't sleep more than 3 hours with out waking up, sometimes I only sleep 1/2 hour then I wake up every hour after that. This has been going on since before I was laid off in Dec. On a rare occasion I do get a little more sleep. Last night I actually slept 5 1/2 hrs before waking up for a potty call and fell back to sleep and slept another uninterrupted 3 hours. I should have an unstopping supply of energy after that near coma experience but surprisingly I have less.

Friday: We went out to meet friends for pizza and of course, was out late.

Saturday: We did things around the house that needed to be done and I packed for a trip to Indy with a friend. I had easy meals lined up for my other half during my absence, a packed fridge and clean house and laundry. Then in the afternoon we met up with Friends and headed out to a biker fund raiser. After the fund raiser we decided to stop at the local pub. It turned into a late night.

Sunday: We hopped on the bikes met up with friends and headed up to a Renaissance fair. I have never been to a Renaissance fair. After this one I think everyone should go once but a second time is not for me. I find it hard to believe people will spend all that money on a costume they will only wear once just to walk around in the sun with all that leather, lambs wool, and various layers of clothing. This coming from someone who dresses in dark cloths and riding boots and wanders around a Renaissance fair. At least I am able to pack the leather on the bike. All in all it was interesting and there were definitely some head turning costumes and after all, everyone has to experience eating a very large turkey leg with a million flies hoovering around at least once. We headed back towards home and at a stop light 50 miles from home we hear these bikers yelling at us from a parking lot. Turns out a group of friends that were out riding for the day. So we hooked up with them and rode for a while. After splitting off from the crowd headed down some country roads at dusk we had a family of deer cross the road in front of us. It's cool to see a whole family of them as long as we see them early enough to slow down, which fortunately was the case.

Monday: I got up at 5:30 am to see my other half off to work and packed up my car for the trip to Indy for a fruit show, (the produce kind of fruit). I was invited on this trip by a friend that is the manager of the produce dept for a small local supermarket. She doesn't drive and her husband didn't want to go. Half hour before I was suppose to pick up my friend she called and and said she was running late. We ended up leaving 3 hours later than planned. Not a problem for me, I'm the guest and think it was really nice of her to ask me in the first place. It wasn't a big deal since we planned on leaving a lot earlier than we needed to so that we could take our time and stop along the way if we wanted to. By the time we checked in we were an hour late for the show. Again, not a big deal. It was already open bar and we got there just in time for dinner, all the prime rib, salad bar, pasta bar, desert bar you could eat. Then on to browsing the different vendors products and trying their samples. At the end of the night they started giving away all of the display products. (less they had to carry out) I ended up with a huge fruit basket, a nice pineapple, a real nice plant, jars of salad dressings, chopped garlic, apple butter, coleslaw dressing, bags of dried fruit chips, sweet potato chips, pecans, peanuts, salad toppers, potato toppers, pint size containers of humus and assorted spreads and dips, (they were on ice all day and we had a cooler with us) kitchen gadgets and by the way, everyone has to try Nonpareil home style hash browns. http://www.nonpareilpotato.com/ in their demo they used butter favored cooking oil and seasoned with season salt. They where really good. I couldn't believe hash browns from a box would taste that good. I am going to look for there other products in the stores. The show was in one of the banquet halls of our hotel so we just got a bell boy cart and loaded it up with everything and headed back to our room to drop off our goodies. Then we went outside to enjoy the fresh air. We ended up going to bed at 2 am.

Tuesday: This was the golf day so since we are not into golf we did our own thing for the day and then headed over to the course for happy hour and dinner. Prime rib again. Not that I am complaining because it was excellent, but I was surprised that they did it 2 days in a row. I think the hotel did the banquet for the show and the golf course did the one for Tuesday and it just happened that way. I can eat beef any time so it was all good. You could cut both with a butter knife. After dinner they had a drawing for door prizes and I got a 14 pc brunch, glass dinning set. I felt a little guilty that I won a door prize and my friend Who invited me did not so I offered it to her but she refused. We then headed home. We got home after my other half was in bed so I just got everything in that had to be refrigerated and left everything else in the car. After a little wind down time I headed up to bed and he says "You know you could get shot sneaking around here at night." That goes back to when I gave him his first set of keys to my house when we were dating. I lived in an area that was starting to go down hill and I kept a gun in my bed when ever I was alone. I always told him to make a lot of noise coming in so I knew it was him so he didn't get shot if he came by unexpected.

The ending of a good trip even though it was a little different. I have gotten used to sharing a room with my other half. We are used to each others weird little quirk's and it's strange to discover that other people have even weirder ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List