OK, here goes! I am a blogger virgin so bear with me.
I had my 1st ride on a Harley when I was just a year old. I was a change of life baby (ooops!) and had older siblings. The whole; his, hers' and ours story. My oldest brother Joe, loved bikes and always took me for rides. He pretty much took on the role of dad when our father died when I was only 4. It was similar to what I would imagine it would be like if I had a divorced father not living with us except no child support. I visited him 2 weeks every summer.
When I was about 14 I got the chance to ride a small mini bike and a 175 at my other brother's house, but I never got into anything bigger, even though I always wanted to.
Then I grew up, got married young, had kids and put aside riding and exploring the adventures in life for the sake of raising kids. It was the thing to do at the time. No regrets.
After 2 kids and 17 years of trying to make a bad marriage work, we finally went our own separate ways. It was my choice, which made me the bad guy in my kids eyes. I felt I stayed 5 years too long just to be able to say I tried. He wasn't a bad guy just not my soul mate. Something I would have figured out if I had not buckled under presser into marriage because I was only 16 and pregnant. I blame no one but myself and I do have 2 great kids from it. They wasn't always great, but that is even another story. My 2ND child hood (as pointed out by my oldest son) began after divorce. I figured I was entitled since I gave my 1st childhood up to my kids. This one is MINE!
Good luck on your new Blog. The great thing about a blog is that it really does not matter what anyone else thinks because it's your own. Be well, Rubber Side Down!!
ReplyDeleteSo I shouldn't get discouraged when I start when I start getting hate mail? :)
ReplyDeleteAll kiding aside. Thanks for the word of encouragement.