Friday, July 10, 2009

Dreams, or should I say NIGHTMARES

Some times I have dreams that are just so real I wake up and have to shake it off. This morning I awoke out of one of those dreams and the thought of it would not let me go back to sleep.

Before I talk about the dream I need to offer some back ground to understand it.

My youngest son lived with a girl (Amanda) for 7 yrs and they planned on getting married. Keep in mind I have a great relationship with my oldest son's wife. She has become the daughter I never had, proof that I am fully capable of getting along with daughter-in-laws.

When My son started dating Amanda I didn't think they was right for each other, but he loved her and she seemed to love him so as long as they were happy who was I to interfere. To me, she seemed spoiled and selfish. Every thing was always about her. Everything was a fantasy. She wanted a baby and had been trying to talk my son into it. He wanted to wait until they had a house and was married a couple years. SHE Decided to go off the pill. She wanted a house but they compromised on a townhouse, (more affordable). She cried after we closed on it. (Yes I said WE, more on that later.) She cried not because she was happy but because it wasn't her dream house. I tried to comfort her by telling her to think of it as stepping stone to her dream house and that she was young and had plenty of time for the "dream house." but there was no consoling her. Sometimes you see the red flags come up when it's too late, like after the papers are signed. They moved into the house 2 months before the baby was born.

Back to the WE. I did the stupidest thing in the world, something I said I would never do. I went into co-ownership. When she was pregnant they seemed so happy and I had accepted her, thinking her selfishness was something my son was willing to accept. He would put his foot down when it was really important to him, she would pout for a while and they would move on.

A couple months after my granddaughter was born, my son would call me and ask me how to do things for his daughter. I asked where Amanda was, he said she was out with her girlfriends. She was stressed and she had to get out. Getting out started happening every Wed, Fri and Sat. This was not something he was willing to accept and she was not willing to give it up and the war began. She finally told him it was over and that she found someone who wanted to give her and HER daughter the life they deserved. She now lives with her parents. Must be the life she deserves! I think the other guy was telling her what she wanted to hear to get you know what and she fell for it. Once things got complicated he was out of the picture and when she wanted things back the way they were my son was done with her.

We finally found a buyer and we are closing on the house today. I dread seeing her because she has made this whole thing more complicated than it had to be. We lost the 1st buyer because she would not return my calls or even the realtor's calls. I have tried to stay out of their battle aside from the house because I think that when you don't live in the situation there are things you don't know and an outsider can make things worse

Every time I see her she starts in on how he is a piece of shit and this is all his fault and if he would have stepped up, been a man and given her the life he had promised none of this would have happened. It's all I can do to get her to shut up long enough to tell her that, all that was between them, the only thing we have to talk about is the house and my granddaughter. I'm sure her mother wouldn't want to hear her daughter is a spoiled rotten little slut but I do manage to keep those feelings to myself.

Back to the dream! In the dream she was yelling at me "You think your family is so perfect, well guess what, Angelic (My oldest son's 14 yr old daughter) is pregnant! Talk about waking up fast! I am just waiting till my daughter-in-law gets settled in at work so I can call her and talk to her about getting Angelic on the pill or something. This is the kind of relationship I have with my daughter-in-law, I can talk to her about anything. I'm sure she will tell me she has already done everything she could to prevent it but after a dream like that I need a little reassuring. It's not something we have discussed before, mainly because she has a very close relationship with Angelic and is a very good mom. I have a lot of faith in her as a parent.

Well things should be settled at work and now comes the CALL! By the way, it's not a problem for me to call her at work, she owns the business. Yes, I'm just a wee bit proud!!!

Wish me luck with the closing. If you don't hear from me it will be because I went to jail for loosing it and making a point on Amanda's pretty little face..

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List