I've been working as a temp at a company for a couple weeks now and I like it. The people there are nice, and they even closed for the day on my birthday. You can't beat that. Of course they really closed for Good Friday, but I like to pretend it was for me. Hey...we all gotta have our fantasies!
It's been real busy trying to keep up with school, house, and full time work hours. I feel like I am learning so much between the new temp assignment and school. Sometimes I'm just mentally exhausted at the end of the day, but...I have been sleeping good.
Today we found out that the company Rich works for sold the business. It was discovered by one of the mechanics by accident. They're not giving them any details other than it was sold to an equipment business that manufactures air compressors. They don't know if they are going to keep the business as a forklift business and keep everyone or not.
I had a feeling it was coming when I was in doing inventory. It seemed strange that they decided to do inventory when they haven't done it in 15 years. Plus, they have been looking at houses in AZ.
Rich is skilled so hopefully his age (58 in September) won’t be an issue and he won’t be out of work for long if it does goes bad. He can fix just about anything, welds, fabricates and has a CDL. He’s been driving the flatbed semi, delivering material handling equipment whenever the regular driver is out and that seems to be allot. The driver is older and has health issues. I feel really bad for two of the guys because one is too old to find work, he’s about 67 and since he was self-employed for most of his life, he has no social security to speak of. The driver is 61 and with his health, he needs medical.
Speaking of CDLs, my son has an interview with another local company. Hopefully he will be able to drive local soon and I won’t have to worry about him driving through TX and all those southern states where all the tornadoes have been hitting.
It seems my biker blog has turned into an employment and unemployment blog. We did get two weekends of beautiful riding in. I was even able to ride coatless. That’s pretty amazing for IL in March. We are hoping to do a ride to AZ in late August. Rich’s daughter is expecting Aug 15th. He has been talking about maybe flying instead. Either way, gotta see the new baby.
Laundry and homework awaits, till next time, be safe!
Belated Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThank You!
ReplyDelete