Saturday, April 28, 2012

I got a dozen roses at work for Administrative Professional’s Day. I am still working as a temp but they are giving me more responsibility all the time. I think the fact that they have me running credit card charges to customer accounts is a good sign. At least I am trusted. I stay very busy, it’s definitely a challenge. When I find a little extra time during the day, I am doing system training and searching for state contracts to bid on. The state contract search is the part of the job I don't like.

The company that bought the company Rich works for is keeping it a forklift business. The biggest issue is they only bought the business and not the building. He now has a two hour drive if he has to go to the shop. So far they have been good about letting him go directly to a work site from home and dropping work tickets at the shop when he is in the general area. It's costing him an extra $40 a week for med insurance so he feels like he has taken a pay cut. He's going to stick it out for a while and see how it works out.

My son is still having no luck finding a local trucking job. The big setback is, after he gets an interview, he then has to go back for drug testing, written tests, and driving tests. The problem with this is, they do all this testing during the week and he is on the road all week long. He said he might have to quit his job to get a local job. Then he doesn't know how long he will have to go without a pay check before he finds something. I know some of you either knows or is a trucker. Can anyone tell me how you get over this hurdle?

This school semester is coming to an end, three weeks to go. I am only taking one class for the summer semester. I am so busy with work and school; I need to slow down just a bit. I feel like I'm on brain overload. It's allot harder at my age to keep up with it all. No one can say I haven't put every effort into working towards getting a job. I just hope this temp assignment works out. I don't want to get my hopes up too high. They make construction zone safety equipment. It is considered a temp to hire position, but since it is a seasonal company, I worry a little about being let go after the scheduled 13 weeks. I won't feel confident about it turning into permanent work till I'm on the company payroll.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe your son could just call in. If he just knew for sure of the test day. If they could do a Monday. And good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List