Rich has been working on his 1968 Roadrunner. That's kind of exciting to watch. It was originally a stick and he wants to make it an automatic. I still haven't given up on trying to convince him to stay with the stick. He said he plans to drive it all the time in the summer. He doesn't want to go through all this work to drive it once a month to a car show and he wants to be able to drive it with out the hassle of shifting.
Can you believe he thought this was red when he painted it last? Talk about colorblind!
As for me...maybe things will start to make a turn for the better soon. I have had two interviews...one was for on-call work to fill in for the teenie-boppers that don't show up for work on Friday and Saturday nights on Macys' sales floor. I applied for clerical work or part time retail to try to get my foot in the door for clerical. I am not going to devote Thursday through Saturday to sitting around waiting for the phone to ring to replace someone who has poor work ethics and can't get their buts to work when they have agreed to. Sick is one thing, but we know that in the life of a teen, social activities come first. Plus, working a few hours one or two days a month, if that, wont pay my bills. The next interview was for a bookkeeping job...they hired someone with a bachelors degree. Probably a blessing in disguise...it's an hour drive in good weather. 45 minutes of that is on country roads so in the winter I can only imagine how long it could take. We get some pretty bad snow drifts out here in the farm land.
I have an interview with Accountemps on Tuesday. This is three interviews in 9 days, could this mean that the economy is starting to pick up, or am I disillusioned and heading for more disappointment?
On the bright side...I will graduate December 17Th with HIGH HONORS!!!! How cool is that?
There’s the problem. You said it yourself; ‘you ain’t been out on the bike’.
ReplyDeleteI vote 4-speed.
Hey, I think your right! We are going to MO for Thanksgiving and I heard Rich saying last night that he just might put his bike on the trailer so we can get a ride in while we are there. It's usually ~60's there on Thanksgiving. It's been a while since I've been on the back, I do kinda miss it. There's a connection about being on the back. My bike is winterized already. He has to pull the battery out if I haven't been on it for a while, and it's been a while. My alarm system draws the battery down within about a month. He has not winterized his yet...hoping for that stray warm day we might be able to get out.
ReplyDeleteI too vote 4 speed.
ReplyDelete