The next morning we had breakfast with my other nephew...this one is two years younger than me. I met his daughter for the first time. She is only seven and adorable. He had her later in age because his first wife was not able to have kids.
Friday we were on to Denver. Again...in time for dinner with Rich's Aunt and Uncle. At the end of the night, his Uncle started to cry a little. He is the last one of his generation alive. It is Rich's, mom's, brother. He is 89 years old. We stayed in Denver and got on the road early Saturday morning.
We stopped at Arches National Park. It was very hot that day and after a few hours we were ready to go. If you click on the picture to zoom in, you can see 2 arches in the distance.
We stayed in Richfield, UT Saturday night. The next day we headed to Vegas.
Interstate 15 runs through the north west corner of AZ. That stretch of highway runs through the Virgin River Gorge. The highway runs through the Gorge along the river. It's looks like you are going to drive right into the mountain. I would love to do that road on the bike. I remember going through there 32 years ago on our way to visit my sister and brothers in CA and it was just as I remembered it. To remember a stretch of highway that long tells you how spectacular it really is. Of course, pictures can't do it justice. You look up and it's like looking up to the top of a rock sky
scraper.
scraper.We stopped in Vegas for a couple hours. Rich lost $40 and I left $45 ahead. He said he should have just took the money out of his pocket and handed it to me but that would be no fun.
Sunday evening got into CA and visited with my sister and her family and my late brother, Lester's family for a few hours over pizza and then stayed in Temecula, CA.
We drove into San Diego and took a walk on the beach and watched some people surfing. Then we drove past the Villa we would be staying at to get a look see. We couldn't check in till the next day, so we got checked into a motel for the night and then went to meet Rich's daughter, his ex brother-in-law and his partner for dinner...pizza.
We had the whole place to ourselves. The views of the ocean were beautiful. If you click on the pictures with the rocks you will see Rich exploring with his new step grandson. The second picture on the rock, Rich had just jumped off the rock and was waiting for Kameron to jump.
In the next picture, they were looking into a cave. They said that someone had a mattress in there. They said that it looked like someone was living in there. I don't know how they could because the tide comes right up to it.



What beautiful pictures and a lovely ending! It made me miss home (Huntington Beach, Cali) and the beach that I have always love. Thanx for making me remember.
ReplyDeletemtajudy...It is beautiful. I don't care to be in the water any deeper than my waste...but I do love walks on the beach. I would have to say that the coast is one of my favorite places...that and the mountains.
ReplyDelete