I had a garage sale...made just under $200. Not too bad...it pays for the dress and shoes I bought for my step daughter's wedding.
My cousin was at the nursing home when I went to visit my Aunt Babe. He said to her, Look who's here. She looked up and smiled and called me by name...she recognized me, yea! She's not as social as she used to be. She is quiet and just listens and smiles.
After our visit my cousin and I made plans for the 4 of us to meet for dinner later that evening. It was good to visit with them. They are living our dream. They have been full time RVer's for eight years now. When we retire, we want to get a 43' toy hauler that we can live in and become snow birds.
One thing I noticed...I always thought my oldest son resembled my ex's family and had no resemblance to mine. I tried to figure out where he got his forehead from and never could. It turns out he looks allot like my cousin. After looking at old pictures I see he takes after my grandfather as much as he does his dad's father. I could always see my father-in-law in him but never my family till I sat with my cousin for a while. He reminded me of my son several times, in both the shape of his face and in mannerisms. How strange is that...the mannerisms that is.
I did get to ride to Champagne/Urbana to see my sister-in-law. I rode down on Tuesday and came home on Wednesday...149 miles...not a bad ride. We had a good visit and I was glad I went.
My friend that just lost her mother asked me to help out with the estate sale so I was there Thursday and Friday with her sister-in-law. The rest of the family works and they wanted two people there at all times. On Friday, my friend stopped over to the house after she got off work. I noticed she was looking around the house at the bare walls and looked like she was about to loose it. I asked her to come into the kitchen with me and she just lost it. She grew up in that house and it was real hard for her to see everything going out the door. It brought back memories of when I lost my mom. I hugged her and just let her cry. After nearly 5 minutes and a big wet spot on my shoulder from tears, she was OK for the rest of the night. We got a pizza and headed to her house and just hung out for the rest of the night.
On Saturday I spent the day trying to find shoes and a bag to match the dress I decided on for the wedding. I got a call from my step daughter while I was out, asking me to speak at her wedding. Wow...our relationship has come along way. She hated me in the beginning and nothing I could do would change her mind. I never understood why. I wasn't the cause of her parents split...I met Rich after his divorce was final and I always treated her good. She finally apologized to me after she started dating a guy with kids and had trouble connecting with the girl. They now have a good relationship but it took a while. She said she finally figured out that her parents had nothing in common with each other in the first place and she has thanked me for making her dad so happy. She had to be a step mom-to-be to see it.
Saturday night we went to a place that we used to go to all the time. It was closed for a couple years and recently reopened. We danced so much my legs ached, especially after walking the entire mall that morning. While we were there, someone approached us and asked us if knew where a certain town was. We said, yes we live there. She said she was working for the park district and trying to put together a dance every other Friday at the old school. After seeing us dance she wanted to hire us to lead/teach dance. I told her we are out of practice and real ruff. She told us that she couldn't tell by watching and that we looked great together. She said that when he spins me I just follow so effortlessly...little did she know I was constantly watching his face for signs of his next move. I used to feel every move coming without even thinking about it just by the way he touched me and where his hands went. I have to really think about it know. We have tried to teach some of our friends and it's hard for me to teach a man. I'm used to following, not leading. Plus...no offense meant....allot of men have absolutely no rhythm and can't even feel the beat of the music. We agreed to try it for one Friday and see how it goes.
These pix's are for Lady Rides Allot...Sunday we went riding with some friends. I am not going to say where...can you tell where these shots were taken? Hint...it's near your old stomping grounds.
School started yesterday so I need to get busy with my studying.
BB:
ReplyDeleteI know you are a kind, caring person. It's always sad when you lose someone you love, I know the feeling. You know the old saying, "time heals" so you are fortunate to have a good relationship with your step daughter. Younger people only live for the present and only consider themselves, they don't consider the circumstances, nor the long term.
I am probably half a continent away on the West Coast and I don't know where those pictures are from, but I love water views
bob
Wet Coast Scootin
Bobskoot,
ReplyDeleteNotice the train along the water? We were trying to figure out how long it was and trying...without success...to get the whole trin in the picture. After Lady Rides allot has a chance to...name that pix...I'll tell you where it is.
Boy... your testing me here! I'm pretty sure it's the Illinois side of the Mississippi, along the River Road probably south of Galena or around Bellevue. The bridge was a clue, but I'm not quite sure. It's been 30 years!
ReplyDeleteI have a picture of the Illinois side, while standing on the Iowa side, with a long train running on those same tracks! I'll post it for you on the blog.
So... how close was I?
We were standing at the top of Lookout Point in Mississippi Palisades State Park “IL” to take that picture. The bridge connects Savannah, IL to Sabula, Iowa. It’s the metal grated bridge. It’s no worse than riding over a rough graded road, but it intimidates allot of people. I used to be one of them…but no more. After crossing it so much, it’s no big deal. Plus…the fatter tires sure do help.
ReplyDeleteFor those who don't know the area...She is right about it being south of Galena. We found an old road we have never been on that took us from Elizabeth to Savannah. It was a beautiful road with lots of curves and rolling hills. Someday I have to go back alone to take some pix.
ReplyDelete