We would have been riding on Sunday but we took the train into Chicago to see The Tall Ships at Navy Pier. It was 94 and very humid. This summer we have had so many days in the nineties and allot of humidity. I don't do well with humidity, so for me it was a rough day. About lunch time we started looking for food. By this time it was so crowded, it was an hour and 45 minute wait for lunch any place on the pier. We started walking and in about ten minutes we found a place with only a five minute wait. It was a nice walk. When you get away from the pier and the thousands of people, you have cool breezes that make the high temps bearable and almost pleasant. We had lunch...myself, a cool refreshing salad...everyone else, a big huge burger and fries. I could have stayed in the city exploring as I love to do in Chicago...but...the guys wanted to go back to the pier and board one more ship called the bounty. Us girls decided to go find some refreshments in air conditioned surroundings and told them to call us when they finished the tour of the Bounty so we could meet up. We no sooner sat down and the phone rang...one 1/2 to two hour wait in the sun, with hundreds of people in one spot waiting to board. They decided it was too hot for them too.
We got there early, boarded allot of the ships and had a good time before it got too crowded. I don't like crowds so after lunch, I would have been happy walking the streets of the city away from the crowded pier. I love Chicago, I can spend a whole weekend going to the museums, zoos, and just walking the streets looking into the shops on Rush Street. I prefer it when there is nothing going on in the city. I would have loved to stay for some of that but, the friends we went with were done once we were done with the ships.











No comments:
Post a Comment