Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Remember our troops.

This week is especially busy and emotional. We are having a bon fire party on Sat and I have the wake on Fri and the funeral on Sat for our friend's grandson who was killed in Afghanistan. His body is arriving at the airport from Germany now as I type.

He was hit on the 4Th of Sept. They induced a coma because he had no brain function. They took him off life support on the 11Th after his parents were able to get there and spend some time with him. His organs were donated for other soldiers. It has taken this long to get him home. I don't know if that is because he wanted his organs donated or if it is just how long it takes to go through the military process, maybe both. My heart goes out to his family. I can't stop myself from crying every time I think about it.

My nephew is in the military and came home from a tour in Iraq last Dec. He will be sent out again in Dec or Jan. I heard on the news last night that they are asking for more troops in Afghanistan but the troops they need won't be ready till Jan., so I have a feeling that's where he'll be. Especially since he is in training again. My youngest son is trying to join the Marines. All though I am proud of him for it, I am scared to death.

Even though we are all busy in our daily activities, I hope everyone reading this takes a minute to think about our troops and say a prayer, salute, raise a glass or do what ever you do to wish them and their families well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List