Friday, June 21, 2013

Long weekends and travel plans

Two weeks ago I spent the weekend with my niece in Indiana. I took off at noon on Friday and traveled six hours to meet her for dinner. Then she followed me back to the motel I checked us into earlier. We stayed up late catching up and reminiscing.

The next day we had a nice breakfast and set out to do some sight seeing. We saw some covered bridges, a tractor show, and stopped for a strawberry short cake at a strawberry festival. When we got back to the town we were staying in, they had a car show going on. Then after some dinner, back to the motel.

Sunday morning we had breakfast and did some shopping then after lunch, we both headed in the opposite direction for home.

Last Sunday Rich and I  did a 5 hour bike ride.

Tomorrow we will be getting ready for our up coming vacation. We were planning to do a bike trip but Rich is hesitant about taking the bikes. He's become very pessimistic lately. What if...what if...?? He will be doing maintenance on the bikes, the truck, the trailer and the car.

He's tired a lot lately and ready for bed by 8:30. I don't know if something is going on with his health or what it is. I can't get him to make a decision on anything anymore. We have talked about allot of places for vacation and he just can't make a decision and it's just a week away. He said he's tired of always riding in the rain on every bike trip and he really doesn't want to have to buy a pickup truck again to get a disabled bike home. He also has said that he has thought about trailering or just taking the car. It's not like him to be so worried. I think he is way over thinking things. I got him to agree to sit down tomorrow and pick three areas of interest then decide on one of those the day before the trip based on weather forecasts.

A week before vacation and still no destination. I don't think he has even talked to his son about house sitting yet. Not that we need that here. It's such a small town, everyone knows everyone and there is always someone around.

I would really like to go southeast this time. Maybe the coastline up the Carolinas and into VA. It's the only part of the country we've never traveled by bike. I guess we'll see when the time comes. I hope he's not getting tired of the bike trips. I sure would miss them. We did one every summer. The last trip was either 2009 or 2010. I thought it was because of his back and arm. He's had no pain since he healed from his surgery so that's not the case now.

4 comments:

  1. BB:

    why don't you suggest 3 places and let Rich decide which one ? Sometimes it's just easier this way. If he has something different on his mind, he should blab it out.

    How long is your Vacation ? I may be able to meet you on the road as I am heading that way very soon

    bob
    Riding the Wet Coast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me ur email and I will send my phone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Want to join you too but I am on the tour of Florida Keys now. Hope you got my e-mail, Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List