Monday, April 8, 2013
Jury Duty
Today was a long day. We have two courthouses in our county. After an hour, they discovered that there was a glitch in the call in phone system and that there were not enough jurors at the old courthouse so they called 11 names to go to the courthouse in the next town. A half hour later they called 11 more to go to the other courthouse...I was one of them. After asking us questions as a group, they took each one of us into a room and we were interviewed by the judge and both sides. At about four o'clock they brought everyone back into the courtroom and started questioning four at a time. At about five o'clock they had only got through five of the 62 and decided to keep 10 jurors and sent the rest of us home and asked us to come back at 7:45 tomorrow. This trial could last 2-3 weeks. I hope I am not chosen. I would have trouble getting my end of month done. My boss was turned off of all billing software so she only has read only privileges. I am the only one at this point that has access to billing for our department. I will have to work after court and on weekends. That doesn't sound like fun. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment