Things are slowly starting to get back to normal here. Rich is healing up real good; that is, if he doesn't tear something out. Last night we made a stop at Menard's to get an odd light bulb and some salt for the ice on the sidewalk. He said, "I'll just run in and get a gallon container". OK, no problem; I waited in the car. He comes out pushing a cart with a 20 lb bag of salt. He is not supposed to be lifting more than a gallon of milk and he put it in the cart. Just can't tell him anything. Just because he feels like he can do it doesn't mean he should.
I am starting to feel better. I am not taking any prescription pain meds any more, just a muscle relaxer at night and ibuprofen when needed. My insurance denied my upper spine mri, wanting me to wait to see if the pain subsides. The problem is that I still don't know what caused my 6 1/2 weeks of back pain. I have an appointment next week and I hope the mri will be approved so I know what I'm dealing with in case it flares up again.
I am glad they discovered the damage to my esophagus from the reflux. Since I've been on the medication for that, I have no more chest pain and I have lost about 3 to 4 inches around my middle from bloating. That is a huge improvement.
Today I am trying to get some of the things done that have been ignored for the past month and a half.
I am glad to hear you are beginning to feel a little better. Being ill is no fun and you have had more than your fair share over the past couple of months. I hope the rest of the winter sees you feeling much better.
ReplyDeleteNot wanting to dwell on feeling ill, can I ask you a question? I read something in one of your recent posts about your stock car driving. Have you posted about that before, because it intrigues me and I want to find out more!
I believe I did mention it in one of my first 2 blogs, “Background and Background Cont.”. I’m not sure if I went into more detail in a later blog or not. I do have some pix I could post. I think I may even have some of the car I was driving that caught on fire while I was in it. When I saw flames coming out of the floorboard, I decided it was time to bail out of the driver side window. I’ll see what I can dig up later on today or sometime this week.
ReplyDeleteLooking back on some of my blogs when I first started blogging, I noticed that I started a series of blogs titled, "1st Century of the Decade", 2nd Century of the Decade" and so on. Those were some fun blogs and I think I should go back and continue them.
I have allot of good memories.
One correction to be made. After hauling the salt bag out of the car I noticed it was 50 lbs, not 20 lbs...much more than a gallon of milk.
ReplyDeleteI certainly love my hubs Highway, but I've learned what I can tell him and what he wants to learn on his own. Much to my chagrin I'm the one who learns something most of the time.
ReplyDeleteHuge disadvantage to marrying a genius: finding I'm not as bright as I once thought! :)
A man's physical and muscular ability is how a guy can feel important and justify his place in the world. When a guy is denied the opportunity to do these things, then what you end up with is a humiliated man.
ReplyDelete