Sunday, January 6, 2013

Old biker friends

Yesterday was our annual winter get together. Every January a bunch of us that ride together and sometimes bike trip together gather at a central point and have lunch and a few drinks.

There were 17 of us. It was good to get out and spend time with old friends. Of course Rich had to deal with all the neck and dead guy bone jokes, (he has a cadaver bone in his neck) which he did with his usual witty come backs. (Probably why people like him.)

It made me look forward to riding season again. Last summer we didn't do too much riding because of Rich's pain and the record hi temps we had. We are hopping for a better summer this year.

We talked about a 4 day ride to the Chain of Rocks Bridge crossing the MS River and on to Devil's Elbow in Rolla, MO.

It was a good day for both of us, but I paid for it when I got home. I went to bed early with a pain pill, a book, and a heating pad.

1 comment:

  1. Rolls, huh? I had a friend from Rolls and my grandparents are from MO. I have a few friends from MO in fact. I seem drawn to them. I follow a FB page from Rolls, and I find it fascinating. I've never been there. Maybe one day, huh?

    Sash
    WWW.sashmouth.com

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List