I miss riding.
We have not ridden much at
all this summer. I think the last time was early June. Rich is having too much
pain in his hand, wrist and arm. He is barely able keep a grip on the gas. It
goes numb on him and causes too much pain to stay in that position for very
long. They did the testing and they said they can’t believe he is still
functional enough with that hand for his line of work. They can’t schedule the
surgery till Sept at the earliest. We are hoping the Dr’s schedule will change
and he can get in earlier. He’s going to a highly recommended hand surgeon this
Dr. stays pretty booked. He wants the best he can get because his livelihood
depends on twisting wrenches and being able to use that hand. He is right
handed and it is his right hand. They still want to do some more testing before
the surgery to see if there are any other problems. They think he may also have
some tendon damage and he has two lumps in that hand; they think they are just
cysts but they want to be sure. One is on the back of his hand between the
bones going to the index and 2nd finger and the other is in the
webbing between the two top knuckles for those same fingers. He tends to let
things go way too long.
Not to mention, he is working on his 68 Roadrunner any chance he has. That is going slow because of our record breaking heat temps and his hand. It will be pretty cool once it's finished.
I’ve had enough of the heat! That is another reason for not riding. I
know it is allot hotter in other parts of the country but we are not used to
this kind of heat. If I wanted heat like this I would be living in AZ, which is
probably better because at least they don’t have the humidity we get in the
mid-west. We pretty much stay inside and it’s like having cabin fever all year
round now. Did I say, “I’ve had ENOUGH!” Since I’m not working, I don’t turn
the air on until just before Rich gets home. I can imagine how bad it is for
him working in the heat.
Hopefully the temperatures will cool down soon and we can get a couple short runs in. While I'm not working, I could take some rides during the day, but I feel bad that he can't, plus I don't seem to be able to handle the heat like I did when I was younger. I get heat exhaustion real easy now; not to mention, the heat flashes don't help. It just takes the fun out of it for me, my bright and cheery attitude is taking a hit too.
No comments:
Post a Comment