On the down side...the job I was so excited about is over. The story is a long one so you may want to grab a beverage of choice.
When I started there, the girl who had been doing A/P (Girl A), was out for a nervous breakdown. After adding the additional two stores, it was too much work for one person, as was the case with the tax and title position, (Girl B). Both girls had asked repeatedly for help and was not given help. When Girl A came back from her nervous breakdown, she came back to find that someone had been hired to put the department in order. This person who was to "put things in order" was to report "tattle" to the CFO. This person...who was hired the same day I was...decided that she had a friend who was better suited for the job Girl A held. Within a short time it was out with the old and in with the new.
A couple weeks later, Girl B quit without notice, she said she didn't want to work some place where people were treated so badly.
I started feeling like I was the new target. Suddenly something said innocently by me was turned into major drama. I was using my personal email address to contact vendors because I had not been given an email account yet and I was doing all the purchasing for all four stores. Someone had walked by and noticed I had my personal email open and at the time I didn't
think anything of it. Later when I closed it for lunch, I happened to say to little miss tattle tale, "I hope she didn't think I was doing personal stuff on company time."
Next thing I know, the person who had seen my email comes over, and with a very angry and defensive attitude read me the riot act about assuming that she would think the worst of me over something so trivial. I just told her that I was sorry if anything I said was repeated in a way that was offensive and that it was not said in any way to be taken offensively and gave little miss tattle tale a dirty look. This was on Thursday of last week and on Friday, after Miss Tattle Tale just spent an hour in the CFO's office...she came to my desk and said she needed to know how far I was with the invoices and how I was filing them. At this point I'm thinking...Hint and a half...I'm next.
The rest of the day went quietly and nothing was said after that. I left thinking maybe I was just being paranoid since none said any more.
On Monday this week I went in as usual...everyone looked at me like I was a ghost. My
extension rang and it was my boss from the temp service asking if my desk was a little crowded. I said no...she said she had bad news for me...she had an email message at 4:50 on Friday...20 minutes after she left for the day...telling her that they had hired someone for my position and that I was no longer needed. With everyone listening to my conversation, I told her that I was actually relieved and that it was OK and asked if I could stop by her office. I just packed up my personal stuff and left with out a word to anyone...just like they treated me. On the way out I saw Miss Tattle Tale hugging the new girl and saying, "I'm so glad you got the job." It was another one of her friends.
Personally, I think it is a bad idea to have three close friends in the A/P department. Not my problem!
I was in the office for a good 15 minutes when the call came from the temp agency and no one had the guts to tell me I didn't work there anymore. The CFO called the temp agency and told her to call me and tell me. What a coward!
Miss Tattle Tale is married and has a boyfriend...she told me last week that the girl they had just hired to take over for Girl A was engaged to her husband’s best friend and that she hoped I
would not say anything to her about her boyfriend. I just told her I was not that type of person and she had nothing to worry about. Rich said we should go visit her husband and have a talk with him. I'm better than that...someday he'll find out the truth and it will all come back at her.
I'm still hopefull the next job will be better. As much as I would have liked to work for that
company, it just wasn't a good fit for me in regards to the people. I don't want to work with people who act like they are in high school. I felt stressed there and I am feeling so much better now.
I had a job interview yesterday at a printing company and it seemed to go well. With my experience in printing, I can get a good wage there. The competition is ruff but I can still hope.
As for school...I earned another certificate with high honors and I am registered for next semester. I start Monday. I have three Internet classes totalling six credit hours. This should
be manageable but busy with a job.
No comments:
Post a Comment