Considering this car was totalled...I don't think it's half bad. I'm glad I decided to keep it. My son was suppose to bring the dash and air bags out last weekend but we needed to be there for our friend who lost his son. He came out today, and him and Rich put in the air bags and sensors and it is now safe. The car is nine years old and it looks better than some newer cars out there on the road. The hood and fenders were not replaced...just kinda tweaked back into shape...the black bumper even looks like it should be black. We decided not to paint it to save money. This is my run till it don't run no more car. you may have noticed the card board rolled up and stuffed between the dash and the passenger door. The covering came off the side of the dash and the plastic parts that it screws into broke. I siliconed it back in pace and stuck the cardboard in to hold it firm till the silicone sets. My son forgot the new seat belt so he will be back nest week to bring that. Till then...my driver side belt is just sewn to fit me. Now I need to wash it.
On the job front...I saw an ad for house cleaning help in toward the city. I decided to "cold call" every cleaning service in a 15 mile area and landed two jobs. I start tomorrow. No bennies but it's money till I can find something else. The temp service sure as hell isn't finding me anything. Tomorrow and Friday it is a new construction residential house...thank God, no nasty toilets. This guy only does new construction. Next week it is a newly built fire house. On Tue, Wed, and Thu, I work for the other guy...getting homes ready for painting...laying tarps, taping, and running errands. I am going to have to decide which one I want to work for. I have been honest with both of them and if I work my ass off maybe one of them will offer me a sweet deal. Or so I hope. We'll see. I've been thinking about putting an ad on Craig's list to tutor students in Excel.
Half of everything I make from here on in is going into my new car fund. When I get a real job and can afford payments, I should have a nice downer. I've gone without for so long, I've learned to get by pretty good with very little. I want to have 1/2 down on my next new car.
As far as school goes...I am signed up for two Internet classes for the summer semester. MS Access II and MS PowerPoint II. Sooner or later...l'll get that office job.
Biker Baby I have my fingers crossed for you....You are the classic example of I have done so much, for so long, with so little, I am now qualified to anything with nothing.
ReplyDeletePrayers sent your way... I know you will be a success!!!!
BB:
ReplyDeleteThose temp places are useless. It's obvious they don't care about you. All this time and they have given you nothing. I'm glad you are getting some work, finally. I hope something comes of these jobs
bob
Riding the Wet Coast
On the rode again :-)
ReplyDelete"By the way...How's the "The Help-Me-I'm-So-Damn-Broke Fund" going?"
ReplyDeleteIt AIN'T. Nada. Zippo. Notta bite. Not one damn click.
But now that ya mention it, maybe I outta scrap that fund 'n begin a "Help-Steve-He's-So-Damn-Broke Fund".
Yeah, like that'll really reel 'em in :-)
"Half of everything I make from here on in is going into my new car fund"
ReplyDeleteOn second thought....maybe I outta start a "Help-Biker-Baby-Getta-New-Car Fund?
Now, THAT one might reel 'em in!