Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tax hike in IL

I don't know how much of our state news any of you hear, but our taxes are going up considerably for both income tax and business tax, more so for business. Chicago news interviewed business owners. Some said they were planning raises, hiring, expanding, or putting money into their business in other ways. Now everyone has decided to wait. The companies that are already having trouble will really suffer now. Looks like it could be even longer before I can find work. We have such a glut of spending and crooked politicians in IL, we could fix the budget with cutbacks and by getting rid of some of the bad eggs. Problem is, when you go to vote you don't know who's not crooked, you just try to pick the honest ones, good luck! This is an an article about a Quincy Co. http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/13/news/economy/illinois_corporate_tax_hike/

I read an article, topic no. 2 in the link below, about people 50 plus looking for work. Sometimes I wonder if this is my problem. I discussed dropping the date I was hired at my last job with the career counselor because I think it makes me look older. I started working there at 17, most people don't start working in factories that young. She said it's important to add dates, and that if they got to the point of checking my references they would get my starting date and it's better to just put it out there.
http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/111723/things-your-boss-wont-tell-you

It's getting pretty depressing, but I refuse to give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List